The player's objective in Baccarat is to correctly guess which of three possible propositions will win the round: Banker, Player, or Tie. Whichever hand is closest to nine is the winner.
- Eight decks of cards are shuffled into the shoe. The shoe is re-shuffled prior to dealing each hand.
- Cards are given point values as follows: Ace = 1, 2-9 = pip value, 10 and face cards = 0.
- Play begins by betting either on the “player”, “banker”, or a “tie”.
- After all bets are down, two cards each are dealt to the player and the banker.
Baccarat Game Rules
The score of the hand is the right digit of the total of the cards. For example, if the two cards were 8 and 7, then the total would be 15 and the score would be 5. The scores will always range from 0 to 9 and it is impossible to bust.
If either the player or the banker has a total of 8 or 9 (a natural) then play stops. Otherwise, either the player or the banker may get dealt a third card according to the following:
- If the player’s total is 5 or less, then the player hits. Otherwise the player stands.
- If the player stands, then the dealer hits with a total of 5 or less.
If the player hits, then the dealer hits as well based on both the score of the dealer hand AND the score of the player’s third cards as follows:
- If the player’s third card is an 8, then the dealer hits with a score of 2 or less.
- If the player’s third card is a 9, 10, ACE or FACE, then the dealer hits with a score of 3 of less.
- If the player’s third card is a 2 or 3, then the dealer hits with a score of 4 or less.
- If the player’s third card is a 4 or 5, then the dealer hits with a score of 5 or less.
- If the player’s third card is a 6 or 7, then the dealer hits with a score of 6 or less.
The score of the player and dealer are compared; the winner is the one that is greater. Winning bets on the banker pay 19 to 20 (even money less a 5% commission), winning bets on the player pay 1 to 1, winning bet on a tie pay 8 to 1. In the event of a tie, banker and player bets will push.
If you have questions about the Mini BlackJack feature, please contact our Customer Service Department via Live Chat or call 1-800-430-5896.