Blackjack Rules - Vegas LiveDealer
Blackjack is the most popular casino card game in the world. The name Blackjack arose when an American casino decided to popularize the game by paying a bonus to any player holding the ace of spades and either the jack of clubs or jack of spades.
The object of the game is simple: obtain a total card count higher than that of the dealer without going over 21.
To play Blackjack:
- Select a seat by clicking on any seat marked OPEN SEAT
- Select a chip value
- While the game is in "Place Your Bets" mode, click on one of three bet locations in the betting area until the number of chips displayed equals the amount you wish to bet
- Clicking in the center of the bet area will place a Main Bet
- Clicking on the Pairs icon on the top left of the bet area will place a Pairs Bet
- Clicking on the Rummy icon on the top right of the bet area will place a Rummy Bet
- Optionally, click Clear Bets to remove all bets from the table
- Optionally, click Stand Up to both leave your seat and clear your bets from the table
- Once the game goes into 'No More Bets' mode (this happens when the dealer pulls the first card), you may no longer clear your bets or Stand Up.
- You and the dealer are each dealt two cards. Your cards are dealt face up. Only the dealer's second card is dealt face up. If the dealer is dealt an ace face up, you may buy insurance.
- Live play will revolve from Seat 1 to Seat 7. On your turn, review your cards and then do one of the following:
- Click Hit to have another card dealt to you.
- Click Stand if you are satisfied with your hand and your wager.
- Click Double if you are wish to double your initial wager and take exactly one more card.
- Click Split if you receive two cards of equal value and wish to split them into two new hands of one card each.
- After your betting decisions are made, the dealer plays out the round and calculates any winnings.
- High Limit Tables are available 24/7.
To play again:
- Click Rebet
- Your bet or bets from the last round are placed in the same locations as the prior round.
- Optionally also select the check box in front of Auto Rebet to continue rebetting automatically every round.
- If you choose to Clear Bets, you may place a new bet or click Rebet to repeat your bet or bets from the last round you played.
- Each new round will begin automatically
- Live Blackjack uses a six deck shoe that is manually shuffled.
- Each table has seven available seats.
- You must continue to wager to keep you seat.
- Players will be given the option to Hit, Stand, Double or Split when it is their turn. Failure to respond within the allotted time will result in your hand being completed according to the optimal player strategy known as Basic Strategy. Click here for Basic Stratery for Timeouts when playing Blackjack Classic.
- If a player has timed out of failed to respond and pure basic strategy dictates for Double, then the hand will be completed by taking a HIT.
- If a player has timed out or failed to respond and pure basic strategy dictates to Split, then the hand will be completed as a normal "hard" hand. For example, if a player has 8H, 8C and times out/fails to respond, then the hand will be treated as a 16 and will be provided with a HIT.
- Dealer Hits on soft 17.
- Dealer peeks for Blackjack on a ten or an ace.
- You may double on any two card combination.
- If you split Aces, you will receive exactly one card on each hand.
- Insurance pays 2:1.
- You may bet on any combination of the Main Bet (standard American Blackjack) and the side bets of Pairs and Rummy
- Important: Professional card counters are prohibited. If you are found to be a professional card counter, your account is subject to immediate closure and all winnings will be forfeited.
Main Bet: Standard American Blackjack
- In order to participate in the Main Bet, you must wager separately in the center of the bet location.
- If your hand is greater than the dealer's and does not go over 21, you win. Payout is 1:1
- The face cards-jack, queen, and king-all have a value of 10, aces have a value of 1 or 11, and the remaining cards are worth their face value.
- If your first two cards are an Ace and a 10 value card (10, J, Q, K), you have a Blackjack. Blackjack pays 3:2.
- If your hand exceeds 21, you bust and automatically lose the hand. If you have the same card total as the dealer, there is no winner and your wager is returned. This is known as a push.
- The dealer stands on hard 17 and above and draws on 16 and below. Dealer will draw on soft 17.
- If the dealer's face-up card is an ace, you can buy insurance equal to one half the amount of your Main Bet. If you choose to take insurance and the dealer has a Blackjack, you win 2:1.
- Outcome of the Rummy bet has no effect on any other bet (Main bet or Pair bet). They are completely independent.
Pairs Side Bet:
- In order to participate in the pairs bet, you must wager separately by clicking on the icon displayed in the top left of the bet location.
- If your initial two cards are a Pair – two cards of the same rank such as 3C, 3H or 7S, 7H or KD, KC you win 11:1.
- If your initial two cards are not a Pair, you lose your Pair wager.
- Outcome of the Pair bet has no effect on any other bet (Main Bet or Rummy). They are completely independent.
Rummy Side Bet:
- In order to participate in the pairs bet, you must wager separately by clicking on the icon displayed in the top right of the bet location.
- If your initial two cards + the Dealer’s Up Card are a Rummy, you win 9:1.
- Winning Rummy hands are either 3 cards of the same rank (eg. 4H, 4S, 4D) OR 3 cards of the same suit (eg. AH, 4H, 10H) OR a 3 card straight (eg. 3H, 4D, 5S)
- If your initial two cards are not Rummy, you lose your Rummy wager.
- Outcome of the Rummy bet has no effect on any other bet (Main Bet or Rummy). They are completely independent.
- When there are no seats available at a table or if you simply want to have more action, you can make bets on other player's hands by using a feature called back betting.
- Back betting enables you to wager behind another player allowing you to bet and experience the same result as they do, win, lose or push. The person you are betting behind (the person in the seat) will make all of the player decisions. Please take note that if the seated player chooses to Split or Double, you must follow.
- In order to back bet, click the check box in the bottom right corner of your game window which reads 'Enable Back Betting'. The seats available for back betting are shown with yellow outlines. If you also have the auto rebet feature enabled, your back bets will also auto rebet as long as there is a player in the main seat.
- The player sitting in the main seat will make all of the decisions. You are backing their hand and their decisions. We suggest you watch a player's decisions before backing them. If you like their style of play, then you may wish to back bet behind them.
- If the player you are back betting behind loses connectivity or times out before making a decision the hand will be completed according to Basic Strategy.
- In the event of human misdeals or a technical problem of any kind, all hands will be void and the original bets will be returned to players.
- In the event that you lose connectivity during the live game, any bets you have made will remain in play as they would in a land based casino. You will either win, lose or push based on the cards you have in play at the time you lost connection.
- Professional card counters are prohibited. If you are found to be a professional card counter, your account is subject to immediate closure.
- Any issues or inactivity by other players at your table, will not, just like any land based casino, affect your result nor warrant any reimbursements.