Which teams are looking good to win the American League Pennant this season? Toronto and Kansas City are huge favorites. The Blue Jays’ big bats, even though they didn’t beat out KC for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, are favored over Kansas City. Will it be one of the favorites to win the AL or will an underdog face the NL champ in the World Series?
The American League Wildcard Game is on Tuesday. So, it’s time to take a look at which teams have the ability to take home the pennant.
— SI MLB (@si_mlb) October 5, 2015
A Closer Look At The 2015 MLB Odds To Win the American League
- Toronto Blue Jays 7/5 – The Rangers bat well against David Price, Toronto’s ace. But, Toronto bats very well against Cole Hamels, the Rangers’ ace. Nobody at this time on the planet is batting well against Toronto’s second ace, Marcus Stroman. Stroman is still fresh because he missed most of the 2015 MLB Regular Season. It’s likely that Stroman ends up helping Price more during the playoffs than Price helping Stroman. In any case, Stroman’s 1.67 ERA and .96 is awfully Jake Arrieta like. Texas bats .083 against Stroman. With Price and Stroman together, and the best bats in MLB, the Blue Jays sure look like a lock to win the AL.
- Kansas Royals 9/4 – The Royals’ ace, Johnny Cueto, is going to have to really pick it up if KC expects to win the American League pennant. The last time Cueto faced Toronto, he gave up 7 hits and 3 runs. After Cueto, you’re looking at Edison Volquez and Yordana Ventura. That’s not exactly awe-inspiring. The fact that Wade Davis is the closer because Greg Holland is hurt, shouldn’t give KC backers much confidence either.
- Texas Rangers 3/1 – The Rangers almost certainly are going to have it tough against the Blue Jays in the AL Divisional Playoffs this week. Unless you’re a true believer and there’s not much to tell you to back the Rangers as a true believer, stay away at the low odds.
- New York Yankees 8/1 – The Yankees could be done for after their AL Wildcard Game on Tuesday against Houston. In fact, the Yankees should be done for after that game. In 34 at-bats, Masahiro Tanaka has allowed 11 hits and 3 home runs from Houston batters. The Astros bat .324 against Tanaka.
- Houston Astros 10/1 – The Astros have a shot to win the American League. The ‘Stros have the requisite pitching to take down the any of the other contenders in the AL with Dallas Keuchel. This is especially true if Scott Kazmir finds his past form on the mound. When it comes to batting, Houston has the power to keep itself in every game. They’re an awesome home run hitting team. Consider at the odds.