2016 MLB World Series OddsJosh Bailey
World Series Odds are out! I’ve categorized each team based on their odds and chances to win the 2016 World Series. There are only 6 teams that qualify as contenders while there are 9 teams that Have a Shot. Keep reading for my take for every team’s chances to win the 2016 MLB World Series!
Contenders To Win The 2016 World Series
- Chicago Cubs 4/1 – Great starting rotation and the best manager in baseball makes the Cubbies the big favorite to win the World Series in 2016.
- Los Angeles Dodgers 10/1 – The rotation is deep enough to warrant consideration.
- Houston Astros 10/1 – 10 to 1 odds make the ‘Stros an overlay. The rotation might be the best in baseball after it added Doug Fister.
- Boston Red Sox 12/1 – I like the addition of David Price into the rotation, but it’s a huge leap to go from cellar dweller to World Series champs.
- New York Mets 12/1 – DeGrom, Syndergaard and the Dark Knight , Matt Harvey, means these guys could romp in the NL East.
- San Francisco Giants 12/1 – The Giants have won the World Series in every even year since 2010. I’m jumping on the G-Men at those odds.
Have a Shot To Win The 2016 World Series
- Toronto Blue Jays 14/1 – Marcus Stroman is going to show why the Blue Jays weren’t worried about resigning David Price.
- New York Yankees 14/1 – When nobody pays attention to the Yankees, is when the Yankees come up big.
- Washington Nationals 14/1 – Based on the odds they have a shot. Personally, I don’t believe that they do.
- Cleveland Indians 16/1 – Like the Nationals, the Indians are in the Have a Shot category strictly because of their odds.
- St. Louis Cardinals 18/1 – The Cardinals have a shot to win the World Series every year. So, 18 to 1 make them an overlay.
- Texas Rangers 18/1 – They might take a step back. Cole Hamels has been pitching in the Majors for a while.
- Pittsburgh Pirates 18/1 – At 18 to 1, they deserve a look. But, their ace is already complaining about how much money he’s making this season and we’re barely into March.
- Kansas City Royals 18/1 – The odds are nice on the Royals to repeat. They’re pretty much the same team from last season’s World Series winning squad.
So You Say They Have A Chance To Win The 2016 World Series
- Arizona Diamondbacks 30/1 – I love the Diamondbacks starting rotation. They’re the team to back based on the odds.
- Los Angeles Angels 30/1 – The Angels still have a powerful batting lineup.
- Detroit Tigers 30/1 – I’m predicting that the Tigers’ odds to win the World Series fall big time after the first month of the regular season.
- Chicago White Sox 30/1 – Truth be told, I’d make them 50 to 1 to win the World Series. I’m not biting.
Need A Miracle To Win The 2016 World Series
- Seattle Mariners 40/1 – I just don’t see it. I’d consider at 60 to 1.
- Tampa Bay Rays 40/1 – 40 to 1 on the Rays makes them an overlay. The rotation, headed by Chris Archer, could be a huge surprise this season.
- Minnesota Twins 40/1 – I might bite at 50 to 1 or higher.
No Shot To Win The 2016 World Series
- Baltimore Orioles 60/1 – The rotation isn’t good enough for the Orioles to win the AL.
- Miami Marlins 80/1 – The odds should be 100 to 1.
- Oakland Athletics 100/1 – Don’t even consider until the odds drift to 130 to 1.
- San Diego Padres 100/1 – Their ace appears to be breaking down. Really? Only 100 to 1?
- Milwaukee Brewers 200/1 – The Brewers have no shot.
- Colorado Rockies 200/1 – The Rockies have no shot.
- Cincinnati Reds 300/1 – At 500 to 1, the Reds are an underlay.
- Philadelphia Phillies 500/1 – The Phillies might actually deserve a look at 500 to 1. Just study the rotation for a bit and see what you think.
- Atlanta Braves 500/1 – At 1000 to 1, Atlanta might still be an underlay. That’s how bad they are.