NBA Betting Stats & Trends – Bulls Vs. HeatRachel Garcia
The Miami Heat’s quest for a three-peat begins this Tuesday as 29 teams try to dethrone King James and his court of champions. First up are the resurgent Chicago Bulls who will have Derrick Rose back after he took most of last season off to injury.
"It would mean everything, man," Lebron James said about the chance to get a three-peat. "First of all, it means that I’m doing my part, and I’m helping our team get better. It would mean everything to our team. That’s what we’re here for. We work our tails off every day. If it can pay off with another Finals appearance, we’d represent the Eastern Conference the best way we can."
Bulls and Heat will open the season at 8 PM ET at American Airlines Arena, in what is just the first of many matchups between these two Eastern Conference contenders. The NBA betting odds list Miami as 11 point favorites. The game total is at 196.5.
Here are the NBA betting stats and trends that you should review before backing either side.
- Last season Chicago and Miami split the four-game regular-season series two apiece.
- The Bulls lead the all-time series 51-41 over the Heat.
- The Heat will try to make their fourth consecutive trip to the finals this season. Only the Boston Celtics of 1957-66 and 1984-87, and Los Angeles Lakers of 1982-85 did it.
- Miami will look for the three-peat this season; the last team to do so was the 2000-02 Los Angeles Lakers.
- The Heat has won 27 of the last 29 regular-season contests against Eastern conference rivals.
- The Bulls went 45-37 in 2012-13 without Derrick Rose on the floor. The star player will be back for his first regular season game since April 2012.
- Rose averaged 20.7 points in the preseason and helped his team end with an 8-0 record.
- Lebron James averages 29.2 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game against the Chicago Bulls.
- Chicago is 8-15 ATS in its last 23 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Chicago’s last 9 games
- Chicago is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games on the road
- Chicago is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games when playing Miami
- Chicago is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Miami
- Chicago is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Miami
- Chicago is 3-12 SU in its last 15 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Miami is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami’s last 6 games at home
- Miami is 21-4 SU in its last 25 games at home