NBA Betting Trends Houston Rockets Vs. Portland Trail BlazersJosh Bailey
The fourth-seeded Houston Rockets may have man-handled the fifth-seeded Portland Trail Blazers by winning three of the four regular season meetings between the Western Conference title hopefuls, but there’s so much talent all around both of these ballclubs that the Blazers could make things far more interesting than they were when these two met in the regular season.
Portland (54-28 SU, 44-38 ATS, 46-35-1 O/U) is coming into this series showdown riding a red-hot five-game winning streak that looks even more impressive when you consider the fact that this ballclub has won a blistering nine of its L/10 games overall. Unfortunately, the Blazers’ SU success hasn’t quite translated into ATS victories with Portland going 6-4 ATS over their L/10.
The Blazers apparently will have a chance to win no matter where they play, having gone 31-10 at home and a solid 23-18 on the road that looks even better when you consider the fact that they went 25-16 ATS on the road.
Portland put points on the board with the best teams in the league, finishing fourth in scoring while also ranking 10th in three-point shooting and a league-best first overall in both free throw percentage and rebounding.
Defense was a bit of a sore spot for the Blazers as they finished a dismal 22nd in points allowed and rebounds allowed. The Blazers do have two legitimate all-stars in sweet-shooting power forward LaMarcus Aldridge (23.2 ppg) and gifted point guard Damian Lillard (20.7 ppg). In addition to their two leading scorers, the Blazers also have three other players that all average double figures in scoring. Aldridge is also one of the best rebounders in the league as he pulls down 11.1 boards per contest.
Houston (54-28 SU, 40-40-2 ATS, 44-36 O/U) comes into this series having won five of their final eight regular season contests, although they finish up with a 2-3 SU mark over their last five.
The Rockets have a plethora of all-star talent on their roster – even if a couple of all-star caliber players didn’t actually make the all-star team. Shooting guard and team leader James Harden is one of the most unstoppable scorers in the league these days as he puts up a stellar 25.4 points per contest to lead six Rockets players that all average double figures in scoring. All-star center Dwight Howard bounced back from an underwhelming 2012-13 campaign with the Lakers to average 18.3 points and 12.2 rebounds per contest.
As a team, Houston ranked second in scoring and fifth in field goal shooting percentage while also ranking fourth in rebounds. Defensively, Houston was absolutely perplexing as they ranked 23rd in points allowed, but an impressive seventh and ninth in field goal percentage and three-point shooting field goal percentages respectively.
Several matchups in this series are going to be absolutely captivating as Rockets points guards Patrick Beverly and Jeremy Lin try to shut down the talented Lillard and blossoming Houston power forward Terrence Jones engages in a similar battle against Portland ‘s Aldridge. Blazers’ shooting guard Wesley Matthews and center Robin Lopez will undoubtedly have their hands full trying to limit the explosive Harden and Howard respectively.
Here is a look at the informative stats charts for both ballclubs, followed by the key trends for this interesting pairing.
NBA Betting Trends Houston Rockets Vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Trail Blazers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games.
- Trail Blazers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning SU record.
- Trail Blazers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NBA Southwest.
- Rockets are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Rockets are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning SU record.
- Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Over is 7- 0 in Trail Blazers last 7 vs. a team with a winning SU record.
- Over is 8- 3 in Trail Blazers last 11 games following a S.U. win.
- Over is 4- 0 in Rockets last 4 games following a S.U. loss.
- Over is 6- 0 in Rockets last 6 vs. NBA Northwest.
- Over is 6- 0 in Rockets last 6 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Over is 14- 4 in Rockets last 18 overall.
Key Head-to-Head NBA Betting Trends
- Over is 7- 0 in the last 7 meetings.
- Over is 7- 1 in the last 8 meetings in Houston .
- Underdog is 11-5-1 ATS in the last 17 meetings.
- Trail Blazers are 3-8-1 ATS in the last 12 meetings.