The Brooklyn Nets are in the golden state to take on the Los Angeles Clippers tonight at the Staples Center at 10:30 pm ET. The game will be broadcast by TNT and streamed live on TNT Overtime.
After being put on the market by current owner Mikhail Prokhorova and a gut wrenching seven-game losing streak, the Brooklyn Nets have won two of their last three, including a squeaker against the Kings by 103-100 last night. Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Clippers have won eight of their last 11 games overall and are gunning for a third straight win after easily knocking off the Celtics by a score of 102-93 on Monday.
— FOX Sports: Hoops (@HoopsonFOX) January 16, 2015
A Closer Look At The Brooklyn Nets Vs L.A. Clippers Odds, My Final Score Prediction
Matchup: Brooklyn Nets at Los Angeles Clippers
Date: Jan. 22, 2015
Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Location: Los Angeles, California
Stadium: STAPLES Center
TV Info: TNT
Live Stream: TNT Overtime
Radio: Brooklyn Vs Los Angeles
Click here for Live NBA Odds
The Brooklyn Nets Will Beat the Los Angeles Clippers If
- Brooklyn plays its game – The Clippers average 106.9 points per game and give up 100.7 ppg. What it tells us is that the Clippers love to run up and down the floor. Brooklyn will want to keep the pace to a steady crawl if possible in order to frustrate the Clips.
- Let Joe Johnson take over – The Nets just aren’t a very good team. They don’t win a lot of games. When you’re not a very good team, what you have to do is lean on your top player and the Nets’ best player is Joe Johnson. Johnson has to put Brooklyn on his back and carry the Nets if they hope to have any shot of beating the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Kevin Garnett and Brooke Lopez contain Blake Griffin – Griffin is arguably the best power forward in the NBA. Garnett can’t put in the same amount of minutes like he used too, but he’s going to have to find a way to contain Griffin. Lopez will have to play defense on Griffin and keep the star from dominating the paint.
The Los Angeles Clippers Will Beat the Brooklyn Nets If
- They push the pace – The Nets are an old team. Jarrett Jack, Kevin Garnett and Joe Johnson have been playing for a long time. Pushing the pace can only help the Clippers beat the Nets.
- They drive to the basket – Because the Clippers shoot 38% from the three-point line, they can at times just settle for three –point shots. They’re still good enough to beat the Nets if all they do is shoot three pointers, but life will be much easier for them if they drive to the basket, try to pick up cheap fouls and convert three point plays.
- They out rebound the Nets – The Nets’ only hope of beating the L.A. Clippers is to grab rebounds, use the entire 24 second clock, and convert on offense. The easiest way for the Clippers to prevent that from happening is too simply grab more defensive and offensive rebounds than the Nets. If the Clippers win the rebound battle, they should easily beat the Nets.
Nets Vs Clippers Basketball Betting Trends
Against The Spread Betting Trends:
- The Nets are 5-2 ATS in their last seven road games and 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- The Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall and 4-0 ATS in their last four games playing on two days rest.
Head to head Betting Trends:
- The Nets are 5-0 ATS in the last five meetings.
- The Home team is 21-7 ATS in the last 28 meetings overall.
Bet On the Los Angeles Clippers to Beat the Brooklyn Nets
There are a lot of things that have to go right for Brooklyn to beat the Los Angeles Clippers. Too many things. Unless the Clippers just aren’t playing close to their normal level, it’s difficult to see how Brooklyn is going to win this game. The Clippers should beat Brooklyn by at least 12 points and a 20 point victory isn’t out of the question.