The Toronto Raptors will play the Brooklyn Nets in the first round of the playoffs. It is the toughest route to a series win of the Raptors’ reasonable options, but that does not mean it is a disaster.
After splitting their regular season series at 2-2 SU and ATS, the Brooklyn Nets (44-38 SU, 42-40 ATS, 41-37-4 O/U) and Toronto Raptors (48-34 SU, 46-33-3 ATS, 45-37 O/U) will both look to show who is truly superior when they square off in their first round Eastern Conference playoff series when it gets underway on Saturday night, live from the Air Canada Centre.
Both ballclubs will look to build on their successful regular season campaigns and potentially unseat the defending league champion Miami Heat for conference supremacy at the very least.
Toronto enters this series opener as the hotter of the two teams, having won seven of its last 10 games while Brooklyn has won just five of its last 10 games and just once in its last five regular season games.
Unfortunately, the Raptors haven’t had much ATS success lately, compiling a dismal 3-6-1 ATS mark over their last 10 games and equally uninspiring 1-3-1 ATS mark over their last half-dozen games overall.
If both teams’ respective regular season home and away records mean anything at all, the Nets could be in trouble in this Game 1 matchup seeing as how Toronto compiled a solid 26-15 home record and Brooklyn has recorded a polar-opposite mark 15-26 on the road.
In this series, the Raptors have the edge in scoring, free throw percentage, defense, rebounding and turnovers while Brooklyn holds the advantage in field goal shooting percentage and bench contributions.
Brooklyn Nets Vs. Toronto Raptors NBA Playoff Betting Trends
- Nets are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning SU record.
- Nets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Nets are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Nets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games.
- Raptors are 16-7 ATS in their last 23 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs. NBA Atlantic.
Game Total Betting Trends
- Under is 5- 2 in Nets last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 6- 0 in Raptors last 6 home games.
Brooklyn Nets Vs. Toronto Raptors NBA Playoff Head-to-Head Betting Trends
- Under is 4- 1 in the last 5 meetings in Toronto.
- Home team is 7-2-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
- Nets are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Toronto.