Chicago Bulls Vs. Washington Wizards Betting InfoJosh Bailey
All-star center Joakim Noah and his Chicago Bulls teammates will look to get defensive and put the clamps on John Wall and the surprising Washington Wizards when the two Eastern Conference rivals square off in the opener of their first round playoff matchup, beginning on Sunday evening. However, it should be noted that the Bulls narrowly won the regular season series 2-1.
Washington (44-38 SU, 43-38-1 ATS, 42-40 O/U) comes into this series playing outstanding basketball, having won four consecutive games to close out the regular season and six of their L/8 games overall, including an impressive 114-93 blowout of Miami on Monday.
The Wizards have scored at least 104 points in each of their last three games while limiting three of their final four opponents to 93 points or less. The good news for all of you hoops gamblers that like the Wiz in this series is the fact that this surging ballclub went an identical 22-19 SU at home and on the road, while also recording an impressive 26-15 ATS mark on the road.
Washington finished just 16th in scoring, but a solid 10th in field goal percentage and an even more impressive fifth in three-point shooting. Washington also surprised a bit defensively this season by finishing ninth in points allowed and sixth in three-point field goal defense.
The Wizards were led in scoring and assists by Wall (19.3 ppg, 8.8 apg) while getting a robust 9.5 rebounds per contest from veteran center Marcin Gortat. In addition to Wall’s team-leading scoring average, Washington also got double-digit scoring from each of its other four starters and at least 8.3 points per game from two reserve players.
Chicago (48-34 SU, 41-40-1 ATS, 34-48 O/U) comes into this series even hotter than Washington as the Bulls ripped off eight wins in their last 10 regular season games while posting a bankroll-boosting 6-3-1 ATS mark over the stretch.
The Bulls were absolutely inept offensively during the regular season as they finished a dismal 30th in scoring and field goal shooting percentage while also ranking just 24th in three-point shooting percentage.
No matter, as Tom Thibodeau’s defense-first Bulls ranked first in points allowed, second in defensive field goal percentage and eighth in three-point field goal percentage. The Bulls were led in scoring by veteran shooting guard D,J, Augustin (14.9 ppg) while also getting 13.7 points per game from power forward Carlos Boozer and double-digit scoring from four other players. Noah, however, is the catalyst for this team as he averaged a stellar double-double for the season (12.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg).
Here is a look at the stats chart for both teams, followed by the key trends for this series.
Chicago Bulls Vs. Washington Wizards Betting Info
- Wizards are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Wizards are 21-10 ATS in their last 31 road games.
- Wizards are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Bulls are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NBA Southeast.
- Bulls are 17-8-1 ATS in their last 26 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 13-3 in Wizards last 16 vs. a team with a winning SU record.
- Under is 4-1 in Wizards last 5 road games.
- Under is 10-3 in Wizards last 13 overall.
- Under is 5- 0 in Bulls last 5 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Under is 8- 2 in Bulls last 10 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 23- 11 in Bulls last 34 home games.
Key head-to-head betting trends Chicago Bulls Vs. Washington Wizards
- Wizards are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Chicago.
- Under is 21- 5 in the last 26 meetings.
- Wizards are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
- Under is 5- 2 in the last 7 meetings in Chicago.
- Underdog is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
- Road team is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.