The Charlotte Bobcats are more than a longshot. They are in the "just happy to be here" category and that is what will make them dangerous vs. the Miami Heat in the first round of the 2014 NBA playoffs.
The NBA betting trends will lead you to believe that the Miami Heat should have little trouble disposing of the Charlotte Bobcats like a fly on a windsheild. The Heat have beaten the Bobcats 16 straight times, going 15-0 with the Big Three of LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
The Bobcats will counter Miami’s Big Three with their own dynamic duo of center Al Jefferson and point guard Kemba Walker. Charlotte (43-39, third in Southeast Division) clearly has made great strides this season under first-year coach Steve Clifford.
NBA Playoffs Betting Trends Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
The Charlotte Bobcats are:
- 43-39 straight up and 47-33-2 against the spread
- 4-10 ATS in their last 14 Sunday games.
- 2-6 ATS in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
- 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win.
- 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog.
- 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.
- 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games overall.
- 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog.
- 9-3 ATS in their last 12 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.
- 5-11 ATS in their last 16 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
The Miami Heat is:
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
- 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- 9-4 ATS in their last 13 playoff games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.
- 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points.
- 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games as a home favorite of 0.5-4.5.
- 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- 13-6 ATS in their last 19 playoff games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
- 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Head to head series
- The Heat has won the last 15 games in the series.
- The Heat has covered the spread in eight of the last 10 games.
- The last three games in the series have gone OVER the game total; the previous six were UNDER.