Spurs vs Bulls Spread, ATS Pick, TV/Live Streaming InfoJosh Bailey
The San Antonio Spurs visit the windy city to take on the Chicago Bulls Thursday night at the United Center. The game will be broadcast live on TNT and streamed live on TNT Overtime.
The Spurs have won six of their last seven games and end a two-game road trip against a desperate Bulls team that is slipping in the standings with losses in six of their eight games. On the season, the Spurs are averaging 102 points on 46.1 percent shooting and are allowing 97.6 points on 44.2 percent shooting. The Bulls are averaging 102.1 points on 44.5 percent shooting and are allowing 99.7 points on 44.3 percent shooting.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 22, 2015
Analyzing The Spurs vs Bulls Spread, My ATS Pick & TV/Live Streaming Info
Matchup: San Antonio Spurs vs Chicago Bulls
Date: Jan. 22, 2015
Start Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Stadium: United Center
TV Info: TNT
Live Stream: TNT Overtime
Radio: San Antonio Vs Chicago
Point Spread: Spurs -5
Game Total: 198
Click here for Live NBA Odds
The San Antonio Spurs Will Beat the Chicago Bulls If
- They spread the ball around – Tim Duncan is the Spurs top scorer at 14.9 points per game. Considering that the Spurs average 101.8 points per game, if everybody doesn’t contribute, it’s unlikely that San Antonio will win.
- They double Gasol – Chicago has turned into a traditional NBA team, which means that they like to get the ball inside and have their big, smart, center decide to pass it to one of the guards. Prevent Gasol from ever getting the ball and you have a better shot at winning the game if you’re the Spurs.
- In Kawhi you trust – Since Kawhi Leonard has come back from injury, the Spurs have been unbeatable. They’ve won two in a row and Leonard’s steals to turnover ratio is 5 to 1. Put Leonard on Jimmy Butler or Rose and shut down one of Chicago’s guards.
The Chicago Bulls Will Beat the San Antonio Spurs If
- They get the ball to Pau – Pau Gasol has been incredible lately. He scored 28 points and pulled down 14 against Orlando on Jan. 12 and then rocked Atlanta, the hottest team in the league, with 22 points and 15 boards in a 107 to 99 Chicago loss. Give the ball to Pau and have him go right after Duncan.
- Rose lets the game come to him – Derrick Rose has been good at not pushing this year. He’s got to continue to do that especially since Tony Parker is back with the Spurs. Parker hasn’t looked his best, but if Rose pushes for over 10 assists and over 20 points, there’s a good chance he won’t get it.
— FOX Sports: Hoops (@HoopsonFOX) January 20, 2015
- They protect the three-point line – Chicago’s big issue is that their defense has taken a step back this season. They allow teams to shoot over 35% from behind the arc. That’s not going to cut it against the Spurs who are a very good three-point shooting team.
Spurs Vs Bulls Against The Spread Betting Trends
- The Spurs are 17-8 ATS in their last 25 vs. Eastern Conference and 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- The Bulls are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 vs. Western Conference and 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- The Spurs are 9-3 ATS in the last 12 meetings in Chicago and the road team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
Bet On the Chicago Bulls to Beat the San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio has been heating up lately. The Spurs have won 5 out of their last 6 games straight up but it’s difficult for me to see them beating the Bulls on the road. Chicago matches up well with San Antonio because it has the requisite guard play with Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose that you need as well as a top notch center to play against Tim Duncan in Pau Gasol.
Chicago should win a close one when San Antonio comes to town.