The NBA season has barely started, but that doesn’t mean that basketball bettors can’t take a quick peek at the against the spread standings and find out the best teams on which to wager. Some teams have a knack for covering spreads while other teams do not.
The Top 6 NBA Teams To Bet On
1. Dallas Mavericks – The Mavericks are currently 8 and 3 against the spread. Dallas has turned into one of the top teams in the Western Conference, which makes them one of the top teams in the NBA. The Mavs are ranked first in the NBA in points per game at 109.3, second in the league in field goal percentage at 49.2% and Dallas shoots about 35% from behind the arc. The defense isn’t great, but it doesn’t have to be when the offense is so efficient.
2. Portland Trailblazers – The Trailblazers show up at number two because Portland’s margin of victory is 8.5 points on average while Dallas’s is over 11. You can’t go wrong betting on Portland, though. They are 8 and 3 against the spread this season, like Dallas, and have gone 7 and 1 against the spread in their last 8 games. Portland is also holding teams to 42% from the field while shooting close to 46%. The mix of great offense and even better defense makes the Trailblazers a great team to back on most nights.
3. Milwaukee Bucks – If we’re discussing the best teams in the NBA, the Bucks definitely won’t be on the list. But we’re talking about the best teams on which to bet and in that respect Milwaukee is easily one of the best. The Bucks are 6 and 5 straight up but 8 and 3, like Dallas and Portland, against the spread. Odds makers haven’t figured out how to set the optimal line on Milwaukee games. While they’re struggling to figure it out, basketball handicappers should take advantage.
4. Golden State Warriors – After losing 2 games in a row to Phoenix and San Antonio, the Warriors have bounced back with 3 straight victories to bring their straight up record to 8 and 2 and their against the spread record to 7 and 3. Golden State has an awesome 4 and 1 against the spread road record. Basketball bettors could use that information and make some money by simply blind betting on the Warriors to cover the spread in their away games for the foreseeable future.
5. Toronto Raptors – 8 and 2 straight up Toronto is 7 and 3 against the spread. The Raptors could be a surprise team in the Eastern Conference this year because they’re averaging 106 points per game while allowing opponents to score 96.4 points per game. Toronto has two legitimate potential NBA All-Stars in starting guards DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry. DeRozan is averaging 21 points while Lowry is averaging close to 6 assists a game. With those two in the backcourt, Toronto could be one of the best NBA teams against the spread for a long while.
6. Orlando Magic – 5 and 7 straight up, but 8 and 4 against the spread, Orlando, like Milwaukee, is one of those sneaky profit generating teams that has no shot of making the playoffs. The reason that teams like Orlando and Milwaukee are so good to back against spreads is because most basketball handicappers give way too much credit to the teams that they face night in and night out. Orlando should stay on this list for at least the next 20 to 25 games before the odds makers start adjusting the line.