Thunder Vs Cavs Online Odds, Free Pick, TV/Live Streaming InfoJosh Bailey
Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and The Oklahoma City Thunder travel to Ohio to take on James LeBron, Kevin Love and the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Quicken Loans Arena. Both teams have had to overcome season defining injuries to their start players, but now their eyes are firmly set on the the post-season.
The Oklahoma City Thunder have won five of their last seven games and end a five-game road trip and the Cleveland Cavaliers have seemed to find their groove as they’ve won five straight games.
Projected Starting Lineups:
- Oklahoma City Thunder: PG: Russell Westbrook, SG: Andre Roberson, SF: Kevin Durant, PF:Serge Ibaka, C: Steven Adams
- Cleveland Cavaliers: PG: Kyrie Irving, SG: J.R. Smith, SF: LeBron James, PF: Kevin Love, C:Timofey Mozgov
— SI NBA (@si_nba) January 24, 2015
A Closer Look At The Thunder Vs Cavs Online Odds, Free Pick, TV/Live Streaming Info
Matchup: Oklahoma City at Cleveland Cavaliers
Date: Jan. 25, 2015
Start Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Stadium: Quicken Loans Arena
TV Info: ABC
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Oklahoma Vs Cleveland
Point Spread: Cavs -3.5
Game Total: 211.5
The Oklahoma City Thunder Will Beat the Cleveland Cavaliers If
- Kevin Durant keeps Lebron James occupied – Durant is shooting 55% from the field. He doesn’t have to shoot that well against James, but he has to keep the King occupied on the defensive end in order to counter James’ effectiveness on the offensive end.
- Russell Westbrook dominates – Westbrook is one of the most dynamic players in the NBA. If Durant does his job, the winner of this game is going to come down to the Westbrook versus Kyrie Irving matchup. Westbrook has to outplay Irving on both ends of the court.
- The Thunder forces and up and down contest – Cleveland ran with the Lakers, Clippers and Bulls during their three game winning streak, but running with Oklahoma City is another story. The Thunder want to force the issue against a team like the Cavaliers that simply doesn’t have the same end to end speed as they do.
— OKC THUNDER (@okcthunder) January 24, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers Will Beat the Oklahoma City Thunder If
- Keep Durant off the boards – Lebron is likely going to have to guard Durant since nobody else on Cleveland’s team has the ability to do it. The King has to keep KD off of the glass. Hey, the MVP is going to score points, but he’s also been grabbing boards like Dennis Rodman. When Durant grabs boards and scores points, Oklahoma City is going to beat you.
- If Love, Mozgov and Smith all score in double-figures – Against Chicago, Kevin Love scored 16 points, Timofey Mozgov scored 15 and J.R. Smith scored 20 and the Cavs beat the Bulls 108 to 94. If all three of those guys score in double-figures against Oklahoma City, the Cavs chances of winning this game go up by a huge margin.
- Lebron gets his average – In the same game against the Bulls, Lebron scored 26, which is his average on the season. The point is that Mozgov, Love and Smith have to buoy Lebron and Irving. Even if those three score in double-figures, Lebron, especially, has to hit his 26 point average if not exceed it.
Bet On the Oklahoma City Thunder to Beat the Cleveland Cavaliers
Russell Westbrook should be able to keep Irving under wraps with his excellent defensive pressure. He’s just better than Irving at this point in Irving’s career. With Lebron expending so much energy trying to contain Durant, the King might have trouble scoring his average. That will spell doom for the Cavaliers since Oklahoma City has the bench to go mano y mano with J.R. Smith, Mozgov and Kevin Love.
My Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma City Thunder 122, Cleveland Cavaliers 115