2015 March Madness Underdogs Picks To Upset The FavoritesJosh Bailey
Why does everyone love March Madness? The upsets!
With three weeks of the best hoops in the nation you will see more than a handful of upsets. Which underdog March Madness teams should you bet to upset their opponents? Keep reading.
— ESPN College BBall (@ESPNCBB) March 10, 2015
Top Underdogs to Bet on Against the Spread
- Davidson Wildcats – Most bracketologists project Davidson as getting an 8 seed. That will make them an underdog in the second round. Don’t bet against Davidson since the Wildcats went 22 and 4 against the spread this season.
- Purdue Boilermakers – The Boilermakers are projected to get an 11 seed. That may or may not happen since Purdue could very well get shut out of the tournament. If the Boilermakers do get in, they are a play ATS. Purdue went 20 and 8 against the spread this season.
- UC Davis – The Aggies are projected as a 13 seed by most bracketologists. Like Purdue, they may or may not make the tournament. If they do, basketball handicappers should take advantage of UC Davis’ terrific 18 and 7 against the spread record.
Top Underdogs to Straight Up Depending On The Matchup
- LSU Fighting Tigers – The Fighting Tigers can look like garbage like when they lost to Tennessee 63 to 78 on March 4. But they can also look winners like when they lost by only 2 points to Kentucky 69 to 71 on Feb. 10. LSU should be taken very seriously because their guards are decent and Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey can dominate inside.
- North Carolina State Wolfpack – The Wolfpack is in danger of not making the tournament. They’ll need a strong showing in the ACC Tournament. If they do make it, they could go far. NC State beat Duke at home and Louisville and North Carolina on the road this season.
- Southern Methodist Mustangs – Larry Brown’s team got shut out of the NCAA Tournament last season. That probably won’t happen this season. Expect the Mustangs, depending on their seed, to make a deep run. SMU allows less than 60 points and less than 40% shooting from the field while shooting 48% on offense.
- Michigan State Spartans – Certain coaches excel come tournament time. Tom Izzo is one of them. The Spartans could get anywhere from a 7 to 9 seed. It might not matter. Michigan State could make a deep run just because of Izzo’s excellent coaching.