Florida at Alabama College Hoops Odds, Final Score Prediction & TV CoverageJosh Bailey
Usually when you think the Gators vs Crimson Tide you think college football, but this week you get to see these two tilt on the hard-court in NCAA college basketball action live from Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
A Closer Look At The Florida at Alabama College Hoops Odds, My Final Score Prediction & TV Coverage
Matchup: Florida Gators at Alabama Crimson Tide
Date: Jan. 27, 2015
Start Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Stadium: Coleman Coliseum
TV Info: ESPN
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Florida Vs Alabama
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The Florida Gators Will Beat the Alabama Crimson Tide If
- The Gators speed the game up – In the Gators’ last three wins; they scored 72 versus South Carolina, 72 versus Mississippi State and 75 versus Auburn. In the three straight losses after those three straight wins, Florida scored 61 against Georgia and LSU and 71 against Mississippi. Florida needs a fast pace in order to beat Alabama on Tuesday night.
— Chris Harry (@GatorZoneChris) January 26, 2015
- Michael Frazier II goes off again – Frazier II scored 27 versus Ole Miss and the Gators almost pulled off the upset. Versus Georgia he only had 10 points and versus LSU he only scored 8 points. For Florida to have success, their 6’ 4” point-guard has to be putting the basketball through the net.
- The Gators defend the three-point line – Florida gives up a very Billy Donovan unlike 34.6% success rate from behind the three-point line. Teams can make-up deficits easily on the Gators by hitting their three-point shots. Florida must protect the three-point line if they hope to beat Alabama.
The Alabama Crimson Tide Will Beat the Florida Gators If
- The Crimson Tide gets more possessions than the Gators – The Crimson Tide can play fast or play slow. Against Florida they should consider playing slow because when Florida is successful they are usually running up and down the court. Alabama will want to work for the best shot and then play tough defense in order to get more possessions than the Gators.
- Levi Randolph exceeds his averages and outscores Michael Frazier II – Levi Randolph has turned into one of the best scoring guards in college basketball this season. At 6’ 5” and 208lbs, he’s just a tough matchup. Randolph needs to not only exceed his 15 points per game, but he also needs to outscore Michael Frazier II in order for the Tide to roll over the Gators.
- Alabama continues defending the three-point line well – The Gators shoot 34.6% from behind the arc while the Crimson Tide holds opponents to 31.9% from behind the three-point line. Something should give in this game. Alabama better make sure it’s not their three-point defense.
Bet On the Florida Gators to Beat the Alabama Crimson Tide
This Florida team just isn’t as sharp as past Billy Donovan squads. Michael Frazier II could bounce off of his terrific effort versus Ole Miss. If he does, who is going to keep pace with the impressive Levi Randolph?
Alabama should be able to cruise to a 6 point or more victory in this matchup versus the Florida Gators on Tuesday.