Florida State Vs North Carolina Odds, Final Score Prediction & TV/Live Streaming ScheduleJosh Bailey
The North Carolina Tar Heels (15-4, 5-1) have won nine of ten and will face the Florida State Seminoles (10-9, 2-4) before a nightmarish three-game pirouette against powerhouse squads Syracuse, No. 10 Louisville and No. 2 Virginia. Florida State is just a game above .500 and needs to kick it in gear if it wants to avoid missing an invitation to the Big Dance third straight season.
North Carolina is averaging an ACC-best 75.3 points and 47.0 percent shooting in conference games, while Florida State is 13th out of 15 teams with 71.3 points allowed.
Florida State Vs North Carolina Odds, Final Score Prediction & TV/Live Streaming Schedule
Matchup: Florida State Seminoles at No. 15 North Carolina Tar Heels
Date: Jan. 24, 2015
Start Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Stadium: Dean E. Smith Center
TV Info: ESPN
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Florida State Vs North Carolina
Point Spread: Tar Heels -16
Click here for Live NCAA BB Odds
The Florida State Seminoles Will Beat the North Carolina Tar Heels If
- Their guards control the flow of the game – Xavian Rathan-Mayes, Devin Bookert and Montay Brandon are the cog in the engine of the Seminoles’ machine. All three guards have the ability to score. When they’re unselfish, like they were against Clemson in a big road win, Florida State can be difficult to deal with. Rathan-Mayes scored 17, dished 9 assists and grabbed 5 boards in the win over the Tigers.
- If their three-point shots are falling – As good as the guards are at Florida State, the team has issues from behind the arc. The team shoots only 26.7% from behind the three-point line. That’s not very good. Against the Tar Heels, the percentage has to be closer to 33% to 35% for any hope of a win.
- Crash the boards – North Carolina has one of the top rebounding teams in all of college basketball. In order to beat them, you have to out rebound the Heels. FSU usually does a good job at that by out rebounding their opponents 36.5 to 29.5 per game.
— Carolina Basketball (@UNC_Basketball) January 24, 2015
The North Carolina Tar Heels Will Beat the Florida State Seminoles If
- Dominate the paint – Brice Johnson, J.P. Tokoto and Kennedy Meeks make up a formidable front line. The Tar Heels average 44.3 boards a game behind that giant front line. The front line has to dominate the Seminoles if the Tar Heels wish to win.
- Get Marcus Paige going – Guard Marcus Paige is North Carolina’s top scorer at 13.6 points and close to 4 assists per game. Paige can stick with the Seminoles’ guards. He’s going to have to if North Carolina is to win against FSU.
- Lock down on defense – The Tar Heels defense is formidable. It allows 36.6% shooting from the field and 27.2% from behind the three point line. But, teams have found ways to break it down. Louisville scored 72 against NC, North Carolina State 79 and Notre Dame 71. North Carolina has to play tough D against the three-headed guard monster that is Florida State.
North Carolina Tar Heels Vs Florida State Seminoles Betting Trends
- North Carolina is 1-4 against the spread in their last five games, 2-9 against the spread against the ACC, and 4-1 against the spread following a game that they covered the point spread.
- Florida State is 2-6-1 against the spread following a win, 1-8 against the spread in their last nine road games, and 0-6-1 against the spread following a game that they covered the point spread.
- UNC has covered the point spread in their last four games against FSU.
Bet On the North Carolina Tar Heels to Beat the Florida State Seminoles
North Carolina’s front-court will be too difficult for Florida State to handle. The Tar Heels will soften up the paint before their big men send it back out to Marcus Paige for well-timed three-point shots.
Florida State has some tough, talented guards. But, unless they’re hitting their three-pointers, it should be a long afternoon for the Seminoles on Tobacco Road.