Indiana at Purdue Odds, Final Score Prediction & TV/Streaming InfoJosh Bailey
Who remembers the Purdue/Indiana college hoops rivalry? If you don’t live in Indiana then you probably don’t. These two teams haven’t been in the same conversation for quite some time, with only one game since 2005 that saw both squads take the floor ranked in the Top-25, which was in 2008.
But with Purdue coming off of a upset win over the Iowa Hawkeyes has many thinking if the Boilermakers can make it two wins in a row against ranked squads both from the Big Ten. Let’s find out.
A Closer Look At The Indiana at Purdue Odds, My Final Score Prediction & TV/Streaming Info
Matchup: No. 22 Indiana Hoosiers at Purdue Boilermakers
Date: Jan. 28, 2015
Start Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Stadium: Mackey Arena
TV Info: BTN
Live Stream: College Sports Live
Radio: Indiana Vs Purdue
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The Indiana Hooisers Will Beat the Purdue Boilermakers If
- Indiana continues its hot shooting – Save for the game against Ohio State, where they only put up 70 points in a 70 to 82 loss, Indiana has been en fuego from the floor. The Hoosiers are shooting 48.4% and over 41% from behind the three-point line.
- The Hoosiers step up the defensive pressure – Although Indiana is shooting over 48% on offense, they’re also allowing opponents to shoot an average of 44.3% against them. Ohio State shot 62.3% from the field against Indiana in the Buckeyes’ victory.
- Don’t settle for jump shots and drive the basketball – Indiana is an excellent free throw shooting team. As a team, the Hoosiers convert over 72% of their free throw attempts. Getting to the foul line could be big for Indiana in their game against Purdue.
The Purdue Boilermakers Will Beat the Indiana Hoosiers If
- The Boilermakers force Indiana into their type of game – The Boilermakers score about 10 points less than Indiana, at 72 per game, on average. Purdue only gives up 65 points per game, meaning that they like to take their time and find a decent shot. The Boilermakers haven’t scored more than 67 points in either of their last 2 games.
- Purdue wins the rebound battle – More often than not, Purdue does win the rebound battle. The Boilermakers out rebound their opponents 36.6 to 27.9 per matchup. Purdue will not to not only win the rebound battle, but they’ll have to make sure to eat up clock when they have the basketball. Getting rebounds does you no good if you elect to take bad shots.
- Don’t foul – Dakota Mathias, Jon Octeus and Raphael Davis all played 28 minutes or more in Purdue’s last game. Not only will Indiana convert a high percentage of shooting fouls but if Purdue fouls too much, they stand to lose a player, like Mathias, Octeus or Davis, that they need to play close to 30 minutes in this contest.
Bet On the Indiana Hoosiers to Beat the Purdue Boilermakers
Purdue is a decent team. The Boilermakers have beaten Iowa, hung with Wisconsin, and have beaten Michigan and Minnesota this season.
But Indiana, a surprise team in the Big Ten, has been close to brilliant so far. Indiana should be able to run Purdue off of their feet and provide a big, close to 20 point victory in this game.