After a possibility of postponing the game due to a snow day, Winter Storm June landed with mostly a whimper compared to the doomsday forecasts and the Louisville Cardinals vs Boston College Eagles tilt will go ahead as scheduled barring any travel issues.
It’s a situation that was in doubt earlier in the week.
"I would say it’s than 50-50 we’re going to get out," Pitino said earlier this week on his radio show. "It’s not only getting in on Wednesday; it’s getting the buses to pick you up, it’s getting transportation, it’s getting the stat crew in, it’s getting the referees in."
UofL plans to depart Louisville on a flight mid-day Wednesday for its 9 pm ET game at Boston College that evening to play as scheduled #L1C4
— Kenny Klein (@KKcards) January 28, 2015
Analyzing My Louisville at Boston College Hoops Free Pick & TV Coverage
Matchup: (10) Louisville Cardinals at Boston College Eagles
Date: Jan. 28, 2015
Start Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Stadium: Silvio Conte Forum
TV Info: ESPN 3
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Louisville Vs Boston College
Point Spread: Louisville -10
Game Total: N/A
The Louisville Cardinals Will Beat the Boston College Eagles If
- Montrezl Harrell is controlling the paint – The Cardinals bounced back from an embarrassing home loss to Duke by thumping Pittsburgh 80 to 68. In that game, Harrell scored 18 and grabbed 7 boards. Harrell will need to approach those numbers if the Cardinals wish to extend the winning streak to 2.
- The Cardinals win the rebounding battle – The Cardinals won the rebounding battle against Duke, 38 to 30, but they shot less than 30% from the field. Boston College’s defense isn’t as good as Duke’s, meaning that if they win the rebounding war, Louisville should be able to convert those rebounds into points.
- Louisville presses Boston College – Louisville is at its best when it can set up its press and force teams into turnovers. Pittsburgh committed 12 turnovers versus Louisville. If the Cardinals can get turnovers, by smothering Boston College on the defensive end, they should be able to open up the game and win by a dozen points or so.
MBB: Men's Basketball Faces Boston College on Wednesday http://t.co/xKkk43QvHl
— Louisville Athletics (@GoCards) January 27, 2015
The Boston College Eagles Will Beat the Louisville Cardinals If
- They handle Louisville’s pressure – Rick Pitino is likely to put on a full court press early in this game to see if he can bury Boston College early. Pitino’s team has the speed on defense to do that. Boston College will need to break Louisville’s press in order to have any shot at an upset.
- Double-teaming Harrell works – Boston College doesn’t have a player on their team that can stick with Montrezl Harrell. They’ll have to double-team him when he gets the ball in the paint. The danger with that is possibly leaving Terry Rozier open for three-point shots.
- They play a slow enough game to limit Louisville’s possessions – Boston College will have to find a way to garner more possessions than Louisville. That’s going to be difficult to do since Louisville can definitely force teams to play their style, but unless the Eagles take advantage of every miss and hold the ball for the full 35 seconds, there’s a chance that Louisville beats the Eagles by close to 20 points.
Bet On the Louisville Cardinals to Beat the Boston College Eagles
Louisville is too good of a team to lose to Boston College. The Eagles have lost 6 out of their last 10 games although they did beat Georgia Tech 64 to 62 in their last matchup.
But, Louisville has the requisite dominant guard in Terry Rozier and dominant big man in Montrezl Harrell. Those two are plenty good enough for the Cardinals to thump Boston College.