Bet My Memphis at Gonzaga College Hoops Free PickNoah Williams
The Memphis Tigers will be looking for an easy W when they visit Spokane, a city they have never lost in, to face the third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs this Saturday. The game tips at 10 PM ET on ESPN 2 and will be streamed live on WatchESPN.
Matchup: Memphis Tigers at (3) Gonzaga Bulldogs
Date: Jan. 31, 2015
Start Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Location: Spokane, Washington
Stadium: McCarthey Athletic Center
TV Info: ESPN 2
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Memphis Vs Gonzaga
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The Memphis Tigers Will Beat the Gonzaga Bulldogs If
- Memphis defends the three-point line well – The Tigers have one of the better three-point line defenses in college hoops. Opponents average only 28.7% from the behind the arc. The Tigers have to defend the three-point line because the Bulldgogs are an excellent shooting team.
- Austin Nichols dominates inside – Nichols is an incredibly talented forward. He’s averaging 13.3 points per game, but he’s scored 17 and 21 in Memphis’ last 2 contests. He absolutely needs to get to 20 in this game for Memphis to win.
- The Tigers slow the pace down – Gonzaga loves to play the West Coast hoops style, push it up and see how many points that you can score in a half. In order for Memphis to win, they have to frustrate Gonzaga by slowing the pace down and forcing the Bulldogs to find the open shot.
The Gonzaga Bulldogs Will Beat the Memphis Tigers If
- Gonzaga is anywhere close to their field goal percentage average – The Bulldogs shoot an amazing 53.3% from the field against opponents. That’s just incredible. If they’re anywhere close to that, say around 45% or higher, they’ll blow out Memphis.
- Kevin Pangos controls the tempo – Pangos is the person that controls the flow of the game, just like T.J. McConnell with Arizona. Pangos’ stat sheet might not show it, but he’s definitely the reason that Gonzaga sits at third in the polls. He’ll have to make sure that the offense is flowing for Gonzaga to beat Memphis.
- The Bulldogs don’t forget that they have to play defense as well – Gonzaga is such a great offensive team, they average over 80 points per matchup, that they forget to play defense at times. It’s not often, but it can happen. The Bulldogs have to be stout on defense because Memphis is an incredibly well-coached team.
What a moment. Pangos breaks all time Gonzaga 3-point record. Absolute loudest I've ever witnessed in the Kennel #4equals3
— Andy Buhler (@a_buhla) January 30, 2015
Bet On the Memphis Tigers to Beat the Gonzaga Bulldogs
It’s time to call the upset in this game. These two teams played last February and Memphis beat Gonzaga 60 to 54. Austin Nichols only had 4 points and 5 boards in that game, but the Bulldogs were so intent on stopping him that the rest of the Tigers got it going.
Expect Gonzaga to let Nichols reign in this year’s contest because Gonzaga had no success when they shut him down last year. Nichols should have an excellent game and Memphis should frustrate Gonzaga with their defense.