North Carolina at Louisville College Basketball Betting PredictionJosh Bailey
This is the other big game happening this weekend. The No. 13 North Carolina Tar Heels head to Kentucky to face the No. 10 Louisville Cardinals at the KFC Yum! Center.
The last time these two teams faced off, Cardinals’ guard Terry Rozie hit what everyone expected to be the game winner seconds before Rick Pitino’s squad were beaten by Tarheels’ guard Marcus Paige’s game-winner in Chapel Hill earlier this month, and since then the Tar Heels have not lost a game.
A win by the Cardinals would also hand the team a perfect momentum boost heading into a difficult stretch that features road trips to Miami (FL) and Virginia. Both teams are vying for the ACC title and cannot afford a loss. The Tar Heels are 17-4 overall and 7-1 in ACC play, while the Cardinals are 17-3 overall and 5-2 in conference play.
— Kenny Klein (@KKcards) January 30, 2015
A Closer Look At My North Carolina at Louisville College Basketball Betting Prediction
Matchup: No. 13 North Carolina Tar Heels at No. 10 Louisville Cardinals
Date: Jan. 31, 2015
Start Time: 4:00 p.m. ET
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Stadium: KFC Yum! Center
TV Info: ESPN
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: North Carolina Vs Louisville
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The North Carolina Tar Heels Will Beat the Louisville Cardinals If
- North Carolina guard Marcus Paige does “his thing” – Marcus Paige’s “thing” is to score 14.1 points, dish 4.2 assists, and make 1.4 steals a game. He’ll need to score 20 or more against Louisville who likes to play tough inside.
- Brice Johnson continues his hot streak – Inside player Brice Johnson has produced 3 double-doubles in the last 4 Tar Heel matchups. He also had 3 blocks versus Syracuse and will have to be awesome for the Tar Heels if they hope to produce the upset win.
- North Carolina continues to play awesome defense – Opponents are averaging 37.4% from the field against the Heels. Opponents shoot 27.8% from three-point line. If North Carolina can play tough defense on Louisville, they might win the game much easier than anybody expects them too.
— Carolina Basketball (@UNC_Basketball) January 27, 2015
The Louisville Cardinals Will Beat the North Carolina Tar Heels If
- Louisville is ready for the second half Heels’ surge – NC was up 40 to 34 at halftime versus Wake Forest. They ended up winning 87 to 71. The Tar Heels were down 35 to 40 versus Syracuse at halftime. They beat the Orange 93 to 83. Will Louisville be ready, no matter the score at halftime, for North Carolina’s second half surge?
- The Cardinals’ Terry Rozier answers Marcus Paige – Rozier will be counted on to answering Marcus Paige. Paige is the engine of the Tar Heels offense. If he makes a 3 point shot, Rozier needs to answer with a drive to the basket on the other end or a three-point shot of his own. If he’s guarding Paige, Rozier had better be ready to get a hand in Paige’s face.
- Protect the glass – UNC outrebounded Syracuse 40 to 23 in their last game. Louisville will have no shot against a good team like the Tar Heels if they don’t grab the boards. This is especially true on the offensive glass where North Carolina is very powerful.
Bet On the Louisville Cardinals to Beat the North Carolina Tar Heels
Louisville already lost to an exceptionally talented ACC team in Duke at home. It’s doubtful that Rick Pitino is going to let it happen again.
North Carolina is very good. But, the Cardinals have the players in Montrezl Harrell inside and Terry Rozier at guard to play with Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige. Louisville also has the deeper bench. They’ll beat NC in this matchup.