Bet On Seton Hall at Marquette College Hoops OddsJosh Bailey
The Marquette men’s basketball team continues its three-game homestand when the squad hosts Seton Hall, who after being ranked 24th tumbled out of the AP NCAA Men’s Basketball Rankings after their lost to Butler. The game tips off at 7PM ET from BMO Harris Bradley Center and will be broadcast on FOX Sports 2.
— MarquetteMBB (@MarquetteMBB) January 27, 2015
A Closer Look at Betting On Seton Hall at Marquette College Hoops Odds
Matchup: Seton Hall Pirates at Marquette Golden Eagles
Date: Jan. 28, 2015
Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Stadium: BMO Harris Bradley Center
TV Info: FOX Sports 2
Live Stream: FOX Sports Go
Radio: Seton Hall Vs Marquette
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
Tomorrow's game at Marquette will be televised on FOX Sports 2. AM970 will also carry the game on the radio.
— Seton Hall MBB (@SetonHallMBB) January 27, 2015
— MarquetteMBB (@MarquetteMBB) January 26, 2015
The Seton Hall Pirates Will Beat the Marquette Golden Eagles If
- Sterling Gibbs finds his shooting touch – Gibbs’ point per game average is still at 16.3, but he’s been atrocious in Seton Hall’s last two games. Gibbs scored only 10 points against DePaul in a stunning 60 to 64 loss. Then, versus Butler, Sterling Gibbs scored only 8 points. He needs to get baskets for Seton Hall to beat Marquette.
- Seton Hall converts free throws and hit three-point shots – Against Butler, a 77 to 57 loss, Seton Hall shot 52.9% from the free throw line. They hit 9 free throws from 17 attempts. The Pirates shot only 16.7% from behind the three point line. Seton Hall made 4 of 24 three-point attempts against Butler.
- The Pirates share the basketball – Seton Hall produced only 9 assists against Butler. Versus DePaul, the Pirates had 6 assists. That’s just not good enough in college basketball where finding the open shooter and sharing the basketball is paramount to winning games.
The Marquette Golden Eagles Will Beat the Seton Hall Pirates If
- Marquette penetrates and dishes for open looks, or scores with their guards – Guards Matt Carlino and Duane Wilson each scored 26 points in the Golden Eagles 85 to 95 overtime loss to Georgetown in their last matchup. The third guard, Derrick Wilson, had 7 assists. All three guards need to work together for Marquette to beat Seton Hall.
- Golden Eagles push the tempo – The three-headed guard monster that is Marquette also needs to push the tempo. When the Golden Eagles are running, they can be difficult to beat like when they thumped Providence 75 to 66.
- Take the open shot – Marquette’s guards are very good at making baskets. Carlino shoots 41.5% from the field, Derrick Wilson shoots 45.7% from the field and Duane Wilson shoots 41.2%. Marquette needs to take the open shot when it’s there because Seton Hall knows that the way to beat the Golden Eagles is to slow the tempo.
Bet On the Marquette Golden Eagles to Beat the Seton Hall Pirates
Seton Hall hasn’t looked like the same team that started out the season going 12 and 2 straight up. The Pirates have lost 4 out of their last 5 straight up. 2 of those losses occurred when Seton Hall was the favorite.
Unless Sterling Gibbs finds his shooting touch and puts up over 20 in this game, Marquette figures to beat Seton Hall at home.