TCU at Iowa State Final Score Prediction & TV/Streaming ScheduleJosh Bailey
The Iowa State Cyclones (15-4, 5-2 Big 12) will host the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs (14-6, 1-6 Big 12) on Saturday at Hilton Coliseum in a snoozer of a Big 12 matchup. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU and streamed live on WatchESPN. What this game lacks in viewing entertainment value, it makes up for it with betting value.
Here is the infographic ahead of tomorrow's game. pic.twitter.com/yCUssIZxEn
— Cyclone Basketball (@CycloneMBB) January 30, 2015
A Closer Look At My TCU Horned Frogs at Iowa State Cyclones Final Score Prediction
Matchup: TCU Horned Frogs at No. 15 Iowa State Cyclones
Date: Jan. 31, 2015
Start Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
Location: Ames, Iowa
Stadium: Hilton Coliseum
TV Info: ESPN U
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: TCU Vs Iowa State
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The TCU Horned Frogs Will Beat the Iowa State Cyclones If
- TCU slows it down enough to frustrate Iowa State – The Cyclones are a high-flying team. They routinely score over 80 points and love to run up and down the court. They also have the ability to force teams to play their style. If TCU does that, they’ll be in trouble early.
- The Horned Frogs press early on in the game – Iowa State was up big over Texas in the second half, but the Cyclones ended up winning by only 3 points, 89 to 86, after the Longhorns pressed the Cyclones. TCU should put the press on early and see if they can get Iowa State to turn the ball over.
- TCU puts Iowa State on the free throw line – TCU should make life difficult for the Cyclones. Iowa State shoots less than 70% from the free throw line as a team. Don’t be afraid to put the Cyclones onto the free throw stripe and force them to make shots.
— Cyclone Basketball (@CycloneMBB) January 29, 2015
The Iowa State Cyclones Will Beat the TCU Horned Frogs If
- Iowa State gets off to a hot start – The Cyclones need to start off hot in order to beat TCU. Iowa State was terrible in the first half versus Texas Tech and ended up losing 73 to 78. They got off to a great start versus Texas. Get off to a hot start versus TCU, Iowa State.
- The Cyclones hit their free throws – TCU should foul Iowa State and dare them to hit a free throw. The Cyclones just aren’t a very good team free throw shooting team. They have to know that a tough defensive squad like the Horned Frogs is going to force them to do exactly that.
- Iowa State gets the basketball to Georges Niang – Niang is the Cyclones real star. He’s an absolutely terrific offensive player, but a lot of times Iowa State, for some reason, doesn’t get him the basketball. TCU has a good defense when the they’re focused. Without Niang scoring at least his average of close to 15 points, TCU might be able to pull off the upset.
— Cyclone Basketball (@CycloneMBB) January 28, 2015
Bet On the TCU Horned Frogs to Beat the Iowa State Cyclones
Iowa State has a good shot at running TCU off of its feet. The Horned Frogs can stop playing basketball altogether and just blow it like when they lost 48 to 66 to Texas.
But, that game might have been an anomaly. TCU only lost by 3 points, 64 to 61, to Kansas and the Cyclones play Kansas on Monday, meaning that they might not have all of their focus on the Horned Frogs. TCU to win could be a nice upset play.