Villanova at DePaul Betting Tips, TV Coverage & Live Streaming InfoJosh Bailey
This Saturday’s BIG EAST college hoops matinee betting matchup features the Villanova Wildcats traveling to the Windy City to face the DePaul Blue Demons in a game that will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1 and streamed live on FOX Sports Go.
The Villanova Wildcats, ranked No. 7 in both the Associated Press and USA Today Coaches polls this week, defeated the Blue Demons 81-64 at the Pavilion on Jan. 10th. Usually I don’t say this when a top ranked college hoops takes on a non ranked team, but this game could be very competitive as DePaul has been playing fiesty basketball at home lately.
A Closer Look At My Villanova at DePaul Betting Tips, TV Coverage & Live Streaming Info
Matchup: (4) Villanova Wildcats at DePaul Blue Demons
Date: Jan. 31, 2015
Start Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
Location: Rosemont, Illinois
Stadium: Allstate Arena
TV Info: Fox Sports 1
Stream: FOX Sports Go
Radio: Villanova Vs DePaul
Click here for Live College Hoops Odds
The Villanova Wildcats Will Beat the DePaul Demons If
- Villanova goes back to playing tough defense inside the three-point line – Villanova is still keeping teams from having success behind the three-point line by holding opponents to less than 30%, but the average inside the three-point line is now above 41%. That’s not going to cut it.
- Darrun Hilliard goes off like he did in the first matchup – Villanova beat DePaul 81 to 64 in the Jan. 10 matchup. Hilliard shot 4 out of 8 from behind the three-point line and went 8 out of 12 from the field. He finished with 21 points. If Hilliard goes off again, DePaul will be in trouble again.
- Villanova shares the ball like they did in the first battle – Villanova racked up a stunning 23 assists in their first game against DePaul. It’s almost impossible to beat a team when they’re sharing the ball that well.
Previewing Saturday's matchup at DePaul: http://t.co/MlWRcaDwSS
— Villanova MBB (@NovaMBB) January 29, 2015
The DePaul Demons Will Beat the Villanova Wildcats If
- DePaul looks to share the rock on offense – While ‘Nova was racking up 23 assists, DePaul was fighting for an eighth. They never got past 7 assists in the game. You can’t beat a Jay Wright coached team when you only garner 7 assists against it.
- Hit the glass on the defensive end – DePaul was out rebounded by Villanova 31 to 26. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but 8 of Villanova’s rebounds were offensive boards. Stopping a great shooting team like Villanova is hard enough to do. You can’t give them second chances.
- The Demons play much better defense – In the first game, Villanova shot 53.6% from the field. That’s crazy. There is no way to win a college basketball game, with a 35 second shot clock and the ability for teams to play zone defenses at will, if you let an opponent shoot 53.6%.
Bet On the Villanova Wildcats to Beat the DePaul Demons
Sometimes, one team is just better than the other. DePaul plays much better at home than they do on the road, but Villanova shoots better, defends better, and is a more complete team.
Villanova will win again.