ESPN’s College Gamday will be in Ann Arbor when the 6th ranked Wisconsin Badgers’ take on the Michigan Wolverines highlights a slate of 5 Big Ten games on Saturday!
— Michigan Basketball (@umichbball) January 24, 2015
Michigan will be without Big Ten superstar Caris LeVert (14.9 PPG) at home. The Wolverines lost their leading scorer for the remainder of the season after he completely fractured his left foot and now they face the Big Ten favorites — and national championship contenders — the 6th ranked Wisconsin Badgers.
A Closer Look At The Wisconsin Vs Michigan Spread, My Final Score Prediction, TV/Live Streaming Info
Matchup: No. 6 Wisconsin Badgers at Michigan Wolverines
Date: Jan. 24, 2015
Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Stadium: Crisler Center
TV Info: ESPN
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Wisconsin Vs Michigan
Point Spread: Wisconsin Badgers -10
Click here for Live NCAA BB Odds
The Wisconsin Badgers Will Beat the Michigan Wolverines If
- They feed Frank Kaminsky – The 7’ 0” 234lb Kaminsky is averaging 16.9 points and 8.2 rebounds per game. Kaminsky can shoot it from behind the arc, where he’s good 40.4% of the time, and score in the paint. He’s an absolute monster to handle. Just give him the ball, sit back, and relax if you’re Wisconsin.
- Continue to play as a team – You don’t shoot 48.5% from the field as a team unless you play as a team. So far, everybody on the Badgers’ squad hasn’t stepped away from his role. If Wisconsin continues to do that, they might go undefeated from here until the NCAA Tournament.
- Step it up on the defensive end – Wisconsin has a very good defense, but it hasn’t been as lock down city as it usually is. They’re allowing 40.9% from the field and a less than Wisconsin-like 34.9% from behind the three-point line.
— ESPN College BBall (@ESPNCBB) January 24, 2015
The Michigan Wolverines Will Beat the Wisconsin Badgers If
- They play keep away – Michigan’s best player, Caris Levert, is out for the season after suffering an injury on January 20. Levert led the team in blocks, steals, field goal percentage, assists, rebounds and points. Without Levert, Michigan’s best hope is to hold the ball for the full 35 seconds and then try and score.
- Play zone defense and double Kaminsky in the paint – Kaminsky is a monster in the paint, but he can also hit his three-pointers. Don’t rush out to Kaminsky if he goes behind the line because he’s a good passing center that will dump it right back into the paint if there is a mismatch. Michigan has to hope that Kaminsky isn’t on fire from behind the arc.
- Feed off of the crowd – This game is in Ann Arbor. Michigan has to feed off of the emotion of the crowd in order to win. They have to shoot at a percentage well above their average of 41.1%. They have to grab every board and someone has to come up and take Levert’s place as the dominant player on the team.
Wisconsin Vs Michigan Betting Trends
- The Badgers are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 vs. Big Ten and 15-7-2 ATS in their last 24 games overall.
- The Wolverines are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games and 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games overall.
- The home team is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings and the underdog is 10-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
Bet On the Wisconsin Badgers to Beat the Michigan Wolverines
Without Levert, there is little chance of Michigan beating Wisconsin even if they get the Badgers at home. Wisconsin is a complete team that plays about as well together as any group of players in college basketball. That not only includes their starters, but it also includes their bench players.
Wisconsin should roll over the overmatched Wolverines.