7 Must Watch CFB Rivalry Games Of 2015Noah Williams
What sets College Football apart from its older professional brother are the deeply ingrained rivalries. The 2015 season kicks off with what some consider huge revenge game after Alabama fell short of the National Championship. The game will feature the Badgers of Wisconsin facing the Crimson Tide. What a great way to kick-off the season. But lets get back on topic. I surveyed the 2015 college football schedule and here are my top 6 must watch college football rivalry games.
Top 7 College Football Rivalry Games of 2015
- Alabama at Auburn, Week 13 – Every year the Iron Bowl, the yearly battle between Alabama and Auburn, feels like the most important rivalry game of the season. The reason for this is because both Alabama and Auburn are usually in the hunt for a spot in what used to be the BCS Championship and is now the College Football Playoff. This season, a lot of football analysts expect both ‘Bama and Auburn to garner bids to the College Football Playoff. For that to happen, each team would have to go undefeated before the Iron Bowl. That’s a real possibility.
- Baylor at TCU, Week 13 – Either Baylor or TCU should get into the College Football Playoff this season. TCU is led by Heisman Trophy favorite QB Trevone Boykin. Baylor returns enough players to be ranked in the Top 5 in both offense and defense. This matchup is going to be hugely important to the National Championship picture unless either team stumbles on the way to Week 13.
- Michigan State at Ohio State, Week 12 – The Buckeyes should go into their game versus Sparty with an undefeated record. If they take care of business in Week 12, pencil the Buckeyes in for a College Football Playoff. They’ll have no trouble winning the Big Ten. Michigan State versus Ohio State has become a much better rivalry game than the traditional Ohio State versus Michigan. Just ask this Buckeyes fan how serious this game is.
Young Ohio State fan worried that Michigan heart surgeons would turn him into a Michigan Man http://t.co/wnDq2iwFPV
— Post Sports (@PostSports) August 26, 2015
- USC at Notre Dame, Week 7 – This traditional rivalry could have extra meaning this season. USC faces Stanford, ASU and Washington before facing the Irish. USC could be ranked in the Top 5 before battling Notre Dame. The Irish face Texas, Georgia Tech and Clemson before taking on the Trojans in Week 7. If Notre Dame is undefeated going into this game, they should definitely be ranked in the Top 10 if not the Top 5.
- LSU at Alabama, Week 10 – LSU shouldn’t be as good this season as Alabama, but the Tigers always play the Crimson Tide tough. Last season LSU lost 13 to 20 in overtime and Alabama was far and away the better team. Who knows what surprises LSU Coach Les Miles will have in store for Nick Saban and Alabama in Week 10?
- Auburn at LSU, Week 3 – Auburn took care of business versus LSU last season in a 41 to 7 win. This year’s contest is in Baton Rouge where LSU no doubt could step it up big time in yet another SEC Rival Game. Auburn had better be careful of not losing so early in the season to the hated LSU Tigers.
- UCLA at USC, Week 13 – UCLA returns a lot of players. The big question is who will play quarterback for the Bruins this season. For USC, Heisman Trophy candidate Cody Kessler should be one of the top quarterbacks in all of college football. Both teams have a shot at being undefeated going into this traditional rivalry matchup.