The only bowl game scheduled on Saturday, January 4th is between two 8-4 teams, the Houston Cougars and theVanderbilt Commodores in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
Houston vs Vanderbilt
The Houston Cougars are 2.5 point underdogs facing the Vanderbilt Commodores in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
Starts: 01/04/2014 1:00PM
Legion Field, 400 Graymont Avenue West
BBVA Compass Bowl Betting Stats & Trends – Houston vs Vanderbilt
Top Trends For This Matchup
- Houston this season: 8-4 SU, 10-2 ATS
- The Cougars are 9-11-1 in bowl games (.452 W-L%), they won last year’s appearance against Penn State.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Houston is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- Houston is 8-1 ATS when playing on a Saturday this season.
- Houston is 8-2 ATS in games played on turf this season.
- When playing in January the Cougars are 1-0 SU
- When playing on turf the Cougars are 7-3 SU
- When an underdog on the road, the Cougars are 4-6 SU
- Vanderbilt this season: 8-4 SU, 6-6 ATS
- The Commodores are 3-2-1 in bowl games (.583 W-L%); they won the Music City Bowl last season over North Carolina.
- Vanderbilt is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- When playing on artificial turf the Commodores are 7-3 SU
- After outgaining an opponent in yardage in the previous game, the Commodores are 7-3 SU
- When favored at home the Commodores are 10-0 SU
- When playing outside the conference the Commodores are 8-2 SU
BBVA Compass Bowl Previous Results:
- December 23, 2006 | South Florida 24-7 East Carolina
- December 22, 2007 | Cincinnati 31-21 Southern Miss
- December 29, 2008 | Rutgers 29-23 NC State
- January 2, 2010 | Connecticut 20-7 South Carolina
- January 8, 2011 | Pittsburgh 27-10 Kentucky
- January 7, 2012 | SMU 28-6 Pittsburgh
- January 5, 2013 | Ole Miss 38-17 Pittsburgh