BBVA Compass Bowl Betting Stats & Trends – Houston vs VanderbiltRachel Garcia
The only bowl game scheduled on Saturday, January 4th is between two 8-4 teams, the Houston Cougars and theVanderbilt Commodores in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
BBVA Compass Bowl Betting Stats & Trends – Houston vs Vanderbilt
Top Trends For This Matchup
- Houston this season: 8-4 SU, 10-2 ATS
- The Cougars are 9-11-1 in bowl games (.452 W-L%), they won last year’s appearance against Penn State.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Houston is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- Houston is 8-1 ATS when playing on a Saturday this season.
- Houston is 8-2 ATS in games played on turf this season.
- When playing in January the Cougars are 1-0 SU
- When playing on turf the Cougars are 7-3 SU
- When an underdog on the road, the Cougars are 4-6 SU
- Vanderbilt this season: 8-4 SU, 6-6 ATS
- The Commodores are 3-2-1 in bowl games (.583 W-L%); they won the Music City Bowl last season over North Carolina.
- Vanderbilt is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- When playing on artificial turf the Commodores are 7-3 SU
- After outgaining an opponent in yardage in the previous game, the Commodores are 7-3 SU
- When favored at home the Commodores are 10-0 SU
- When playing outside the conference the Commodores are 8-2 SU
BBVA Compass Bowl Previous Results:
- December 23, 2006 | South Florida 24-7 East Carolina
- December 22, 2007 | Cincinnati 31-21 Southern Miss
- December 29, 2008 | Rutgers 29-23 NC State
- January 2, 2010 | Connecticut 20-7 South Carolina
- January 8, 2011 | Pittsburgh 27-10 Kentucky
- January 7, 2012 | SMU 28-6 Pittsburgh
- January 5, 2013 | Ole Miss 38-17 Pittsburgh