BCS National Championship Betting Trends – Florida State vs AuburnRachel Garcia
It’s the last year before the highly anticipated College Football Playoff system will replace the much maligned BCS and this maybe the first time in years that the title-game matchup is evoking very little debate
Top-ranked and undefeated Florida State Seminoles will look to defeated No. 2 Auburn Tigers tonight at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
BCS National Championship Betting Trends – Auburn Vs. Florida State
Top Trends For This Matchup:
- Auburn this season: 12-1 SU, 11-2 ATS
- Auburn is 9-0 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Auburn’s last 8 games
- When playing in January the Tigers are 6-3 SU
- When playing on grass the Tigers are 9-1 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Tigers are 2-8 SU
- Florida State this season: 13-0 SU, 11-2 ATS
- Florida State is 15-0 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Florida State’s last 13 games
- When playing in January the Seminoles are 5-5 SU
- When playing on grass the Seminoles are 10-0 SU
- When favored at home the Seminoles are 9-1 SU
- According to ESPN Stats and Info, there have been 3 BCS Championship matchups between an undefeated team and a one-loss team in the last 10 season. All 3 times, the one-loss team won the game, each time by at least 20 points or more.
- Florida State is the 6th best team in total yards for and Auburn is the 12th best.
- Florida State scores 53.0 points per game, best in the NCAA and Auburn averages 40.5 PPGs, 10th best.
Last 10 BCS Championship Results:
- January 4, 2004 | LSU 21-14 Oklahoma
- January 4, 2005 | USC 55-19 Oklahoma
- January 4, 2006 | Texas 41-38 USC
- January 8, 2007 | Florida 41-14 Ohio State
- January 7, 2008 | LSU 38-24 Ohio State
- January 8, 2009 | Florida 24-14 Oklahoma
- January 7, 2010 | Alabama 37-21 Texas
- January 10, 2011 | Auburn 22-19 Oregon
- January 9, 2012 | Alabama 21-0 LSU
- January 7, 2013 | Alabama 42-14 Notre Dame