It’s the last year before the highly anticipated College Football Playoff system will replace the much maligned BCS and this maybe the first time in years that the title-game matchup is evoking very little debate
Top-ranked and undefeated Florida State Seminoles will look to defeated No. 2 Auburn Tigers tonight at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
BCS National Championship Betting Trends – Auburn Vs. Florida State
Top Trends For This Matchup:
- Auburn this season: 12-1 SU, 11-2 ATS
- Auburn is 9-0 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Auburn’s last 8 games
- When playing in January the Tigers are 6-3 SU
- When playing on grass the Tigers are 9-1 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Tigers are 2-8 SU
- Florida State this season: 13-0 SU, 11-2 ATS
- Florida State is 15-0 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Florida State’s last 13 games
- When playing in January the Seminoles are 5-5 SU
- When playing on grass the Seminoles are 10-0 SU
- When favored at home the Seminoles are 9-1 SU
- According to ESPN Stats and Info, there have been 3 BCS Championship matchups between an undefeated team and a one-loss team in the last 10 season. All 3 times, the one-loss team won the game, each time by at least 20 points or more.
- Florida State is the 6th best team in total yards for and Auburn is the 12th best.
- Florida State scores 53.0 points per game, best in the NCAA and Auburn averages 40.5 PPGs, 10th best.
Last 10 BCS Championship Results:
- January 4, 2004 | LSU 21-14 Oklahoma
- January 4, 2005 | USC 55-19 Oklahoma
- January 4, 2006 | Texas 41-38 USC
- January 8, 2007 | Florida 41-14 Ohio State
- January 7, 2008 | LSU 38-24 Ohio State
- January 8, 2009 | Florida 24-14 Oklahoma
- January 7, 2010 | Alabama 37-21 Texas
- January 10, 2011 | Auburn 22-19 Oregon
- January 9, 2012 | Alabama 21-0 LSU
- January 7, 2013 | Alabama 42-14 Notre Dame