Beef O’ Brady’s Bowl Betting Trends – Ohio vs East CarolinaRachel Garcia
The Ohio Bobcats and East Carolina Pirates will meet in the 2013 Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl on December 23rd at 2 PM ET at Tropicana Field, in a matchup broadcast on ESPN.
Tropicana Field is home to the MLB’s Tampa Bay Rays and can host up to 42,735 rowdy college football fans. However the most fans a Beef ‘O’ Brady’s St. Petersburg Bowl has had watching the game from the seats is in the ballpark of 29,000 in 2009 when Rutgers took on UCF.
The Beef ‘O’ Brady’s bowl began in 2008 with the name of St. Petersburg Bowl, and despite not having a storied history we have seen some memorable matchups in the past. However this year’s matchup is less than stellar on paper.
Beef O’ Brady’s Bowl Betting Trends – Ohio vs East Carolina
- Most points scored: 45 by Rutgers vs. UCF in 2009
- Fewest points allowed: 10 by Marshall vs. Florida International in 2011
- Biggest Margin of victory: 27, South Florida vs. Memphis in 2008
- Most Rushing yards in game: 232 by South Florida vs. Memphis in 2008.
- Most Passing yards: 401, South Florida vs. Memphis in 2008.
- Most Total yards recorded: 496, South Florida vs. Memphis in 2008.
- Ohio is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ohio’s last 6 games
- The Ohio Bobcats are 2-7 in Bowl games
- East Carolina is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of East Carolina’s last 7 games
- East Carolina is 6-8 in the 14 Bowls they have been invited to. They have lost four in a row, with their last victory coming over Boise State in the Hawaii Bowl in 2007.
Past Beef O’ Brady’s Bowl results:
- December 20, 2008 | South Florida 41-14 Memphis
- December 19, 2009 | Rutgers 45-24 UCF
- December 21, 2010 | Louisville 31-28 Southern Miss
- December 20, 2011 | Marshall 20- 10 FIU
- December 21, 2012 | UCF 38-17 Ball State