Belk Bowl Betting Trends – Cincinnati vs North CarolinaRachel Garcia
Cincinnati and North Carolina both deserve their own Disney movies after their almost identical storybook seasons.
Both teams struggled early in the season. Enter new quarterbacks on either side. Queue the big runs mid-season which lead to momentum and long winning streaks only to lose close games in their regular-season finales to longtime rivals.
Now the closing scene: where both teams face one another this Saturday in Charlotte for the under-rated Belk Bowl.
Belk Bowl Betting Trends – Cincinnati vs North Carolina
Top Trends For This Matchups:
- Cincinnati this season: 9-3 SU, 6-6 ATS
- Cincinnati is 6-0 ATS in road games after playing a conference game over the last 2 seasons.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games
- Cincinnati is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- When playing in December the Bearcats are 8-2 SU
- When playing on grass the Bearcats are 7-3 SU
- After being outgained by the previous opponent the Bearcats are 9-1 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Bearcats are 3-7 SU
- Cincinnati are 6-5 in bowl games (.545 W-L%); they have won the last two they appeared on 2011 & 2012.
- North Carolina this season: 6-6 SU, 7-5 ATS
- North Carolina is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of North Carolina’s last 12 games
- When playing in December the Tar Heels are 5-4 SU
- When playing on grass the Tar Heels are 5-5 SU
- After being outgained by the previous opponent the Tar Heels are 7-3 SU
- When favored at home the Tar Heels are 7-3 SU
- The North Carolina Tar Heels are 13-16 in bowl games (.448 W-L%); they have lost three of the last four bowl appearances.
- North Carolina is 2-0 all-time against Cincinnati.
- Most points scored by North Carolina: 51 (Sep 14, 1991)
- Most points scored by Cincinnati: 16 (Sep 14, 1991)
- Largest margin of victory by North Carolina: +35 (Sep 14, 1991)
Previous Bowl Results:
- December 28, 2002 | Virginia 48-22 West Virginia
- December 27, 2003 | Virginia 23-16 Pittsburgh
- December 30, 2004 | Boston College 37-14 North Carolina
- December 31, 2005 | North Carolina State 14-0 South Florida
- December 30, 2006 | Boston College 25-24 Navy
- December 29, 2007 | Wake Forest 24 -10 Connecticut
- December 27, 2008 | West Virginia 31-30 North Carolina
- December 26, 2009 | Pittsburgh 19-17 North Carolina
- December 31, 2010 | South Florida 31-26 Clemson
- December 27, 2011 | North Carolina State 31-24 Louisville
- December 27, 2012 | Cincinnati 48-34 Duke