College Football Betting Trends Miami Vs. North CarolinaRachel Garcia
The Atlantic Coast Conference now has three teams ranked in the top 10 for the first time since 2005, which is also the conference with most undefeated teams (three) after seven weeks of college football betting this year.
Miami can improve to 6-0 for the first time since 2004 with a road win over the Tar Heels on Thursday night.
Miami Hurricanes -8
North Carolina Tar Heels
Thursday, October 17
Though the Hurricanes (5-0, 1-0 ACC) were on a bye last week, they jumped up to No. 10 in the poll thanks to losses by three teams ranked ahead of them. It’s the first time Miami Florida has been ranked in the top 10 since Oct. 18, 2009.
"At the end of the season we’ll count them up and see where we’re at," Miami Head coach Al Golden said about his team undefeated status. "We’re 0-0 going into this game. All that matters right now is going to Chapel Hill, being a mature team, having poise, playing with poise, communicating, executing. The rest of it doesn’t really matter."
Before you pick which team to bet on this week with an eight point spread check out the college football betting trends.
College Football Betting Trends Miami Vs. North Carolina
- The Hurricanes are 4-1 against the spread this season and will enter their matchup against the Tar Heels as 7.5 road favorites.
- With a win over the Tar Heels, Miami can improve to 6-0 for the first time since 2004.
- Miami enters this game ranked 9th in the nation in points scored and points against.
- The all-time series is led by North Carolina 9-7, and Miami has just one victory on four trips to Chapel Hill.
- Most points scored by North Carolina in the series: 34 (Nov 28, 1952)
- Most points scored by Miami (FL) in the series: 34 (Oct 29, 2005)
- Largest margin of victory by North Carolina in the series: +27 (Nov 28, 1952)
- Largest margin of victory by Miami (FL) in the series: +23 (Oct 23, 2010)
- Miami Senior QB Stephen Morris threw 155 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs in his only outing against North Carolina last season.
- North Carolina QB Bryn Renner has thrown 502 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in two games against Miami. His record is 1-1 against the Hurricanes.
- Miami (FL) enters this game having covered the previous three games in the series against North Carolina.
- The Hurricanes will be betting favorites for the 5th time this season; they covered in all but one game; their matchup Florida Atlantic in week 1.
- Miami is 10-1 ATS since Oct 13, 2012.
- Miami is 10-1 ATS since Nov 05, 2011 after a game at home and 7-0 ATS since Nov 13, 2010 on the road after a win at home.
- North Carolina currently owns a 9-2 SU record in its last 11 games at home; their only two losses came against Eastern Carolina and Georgia Tech.
- The Tar Heels enter this match with three losses against the spread in a row.
- This is the fourth time North Carolina enters as underdogs this season; they didn’t cover any of the previous three times.