Ducks Vs. Cardinal College Football Betting TrendsRachel Garcia
This is the don’t miss game for college football week 11. Oregon and Stanford meet on a Thursday Night Pac -12 showdown. This game could very well decide who will take on Alabama in the BCS championship game…barring any set back.
Before you put your hard earned cash on either team, check out these college football betting trends:
- Both teams will arrive to this game after two weeks of preparation as both were on a bye week in the NCAAF week 10.
- Oregon will be the third ranked team Stanford faces already this season. The Cardinals beat all three (Washington, UCLA, Oregon State).
- Stanford enters this week as the top-ranked one-loss team in the nation.
- Both of these programs have underrated defenses; while the Cardinal has the 19th best scoring defense allowing 19.4 points per game and Ducks have the 7th allowing 16.9.
- Oregon won 30 games and Stanford won 42 games in the series, plus there’s been one tie.
- Longest winning streak by Oregon in the series: 7 games
- Longest winning streak by Stanford: 8 games
- Most points scored by Oregon against the Cardinal: 63 (Sep 26, 1998)
- Most points scored by Stanford: 58 (Sep 27, 1997)
- Largest margin of victory by Oregon in the series: +38 (Sep 2, 2006)
- Largest margin of victory by Stanford: +39 (Nov 14, 1981)
- Oregon has won nine of the last 11 in the series, but the loss in 2012 was one the most hurtful in school history because their chances to get to a BCS Championship game were destroyed by a 17-14 Cardinal overtime win.
- Oregon scored 14 points vs. Stanford in 2012; it was the fewest points in a game since Sept. 3, 2009 vs. Boise State (lost 19-8). They average 55.6 points a game this season, second best in the nation.
- Ducks QB Marcus Mariota completed 21 of 37 passes in the loss against the Cardinal last year for 207 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. In his only participation on Thursday night, he threw 212 yards and 3 TDs without an interception.
- Oregon is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing Stanford
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Oregon’s last 8 games when playing Stanford
- Oregon is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Stanford
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oregon’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Stanford
- Stanford is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Oregon.
- Stanford is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oregon.