Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Betting Trends – Buffalo Vs. San Diego StateRachel Garcia
The Famous Idaho Potato Bow will pit the Buffalo Bulls against the San Diego State Aztecs, two teams who both overcame rocky starts this season. Cold weather may have an impact on the game which will be played on December 21st at Bronco Stadium in frigid Boise, Idaho.
The Aztecs are basking in the glow of their record fourth straight bowl appearance. Buffalo is making its second bowl appearance in school history after setting an FBS-program record for wins with its 8-4 record.
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Betting Trends – Buffalo Bulls vs. San Diego State Aztecs
- Boise State has the most appearances in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl with 4; they have a 3-1 record.
- The only undefeated team with more than one invite to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl is the Idaho Vandals who are 2-0.
- The Big West has the best winning percentage of the bowl with 3 wins and 1 loss (.750); followed by the ACC with 5 wins and 2 losses (.714.)
- Most points scored by a team in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: 52 points Georgia Tech vs. Tulsa in 2004.
- Fewest points allowed in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: 10, Georgia Tech vs. Tulsa in 2004.
- Highest margin of victory in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: 42, Georgia Tech vs. Tulsa in 2004.
- Most total yards by one team in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: 582, Utah State vs. Toledo in 2012.
- The highest attendance in a Famous Idaho Potato: 30,446 people in the Boise State vs. Iowa State game in 2002.
- This is the first game between Buffalo and San Diego State.
- Buffalo has only one bowl appearance in school history; back in 2009 they lost the International Bowl against Connecticut 38-20.
- Buffalo is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Buffalo’s last 12 games.
- San Diego State is 2-5 in Bowl games; since 2010 they have played three in a row beating Navy but losing to BYU and Louisiana-Lafayette.
- San Diego State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games; they lost 45-19 against the UNLV in their last outing.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego State’s last 5 games; including their last two games matchups (Boise State and UNLV).
Past Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Results:
- December 29, 1997 | Cincinnati 35-19 Utah State
- December 30, 1998 | Idaho 42-35 Southern Miss
- December 30, 1999 | Boise State 34-31 Louisville
- December 28, 2000 | Boise State 38-23 UTEP
- December 31, 2001 | Clemson 49-24 Louisiana Tech
- December 31, 2002 | Boise State 34-16 Iowa State
- January 3, 2004 | Georgia Tech 52-10 Tulsa
- December 27, 2004 | Fresno State 37-34 Virginia OT
- December 28, 2005 | Boston College 27-21 Boise State
- December 31, 2006 | Miami 21-20 Nevada
- December 31, 2007 | Fresno State 40-28 Georgia Tech
- December 30, 2008 | Maryland 42-35 Nevada
- December 30, 2009 | Idaho 43-42 Bowling Green
- December 18, 2010 | Northern Illinois 40-17 Fresno State
- December 17, 2011 | Ohio 24-23 Utah State
- December 15, 2012 | Utah State 41-15 Toledo