A season after a stunning run to the BCS title game, Notre Dame would like to close out an inconsistant season with a win at the New Era Pinstripe Bowl at one of sports holiest shrines. Rutgers certainly wants to claim a winning record the season before it moves to a tougher conference.
The No. 25 Irish and Scarlet Knights meet in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium this Saturday in what is expected to be a clear day sandwiched in the middle of snow and rain.
New Era Pinstripe Bowl Betting Trends – Rutgers vs Notre Dame
Top Trends For This Matchup:
- Rutgers this season: 6-6 SU, 4-8 ATS
- Rutgers is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Rutgers is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- When playing in December the Scarlet Knights are 6-4 SU
- When playing on grass the Scarlet Knights are 4-6 SU
- After outgaining opponent the Scarlet Knights are 7-3 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Scarlet Knights are 4-6 SU
- Rutgers is 5-2 in Bowl games (.625 W-L%); they lost last year against Virginia Tech and lost a five bowl games winning streak.
- Notre Dame this season: 8-4 SU, 5-6-1 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Rutgers’s last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 20-5 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Notre Dame’s last 6 games
- When playing in December the Irish are 3-4 SU
- When playing on grass the Irish are 6-4 SU
- After being outgained by their previous opponent the Irish are 7-3 SU
- When favored at home are the Irish 10-0 SU
- Notre Dame has the 31st best scoring defense in the NCAAF allowing 22.9 points per game.
- Notre Dame is 15-17 in bowl games (.469 W-L%); they have lost two in a row, including the BCS Championship game last season.
- Notre Dame won 4 games and Rutgers won 0 games in the series.
- Most points scored by Notre Dame: 62 (Nov 23, 1996)
- Most points scored by Rutgers: 17 (Nov 18, 2000)
- Largest margin of victory by Notre Dame: +62 (Nov 23, 1996)
Previous New Era Pinstripe Bowl Results:
- December 30, 2010 | Syracuse 36-34 Kansas State
- December 30, 2011 | Rutgers 27-13 Iowa State
- December 29, 2012 | Syracuse 38-14 West Virginia