Notre Dame Vs UVA Spread, ATS Prediction & TV InfoJosh Bailey
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are in Charlottesville in college football week 2 betting action to face the 11.5-point underdog Virginia Cavaliers. The game kicks off on ABC this Saturday, Sept 12th at 3:30 PM ET.
— Notre Dame 247 (@NotreDame247) September 9, 2015
Betting Trends Related To This Matchup:
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 7-7 All Games since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 6-6 All Games since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 3-3 On Road since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 4-2 At Home since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 4-5 As Favorite since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 5-4 As Underdog or PK since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-1 When Line was 45 to 49 since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 1-0 When Line was 45 to 49 since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 8-6 O-U All Games since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 3-9 O-U All Games since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 4-2 O-U On Road since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 1-5 O-U At Home since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-3 O-U When Line is <50 since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 3-3 O-U When Line is <50 since last season
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-3 O-U When Line was 45 to 49 since last season
- Virginia Cavaliers 1-3 O-U When Line was 45 to 49 since last season
A Closer Look At The Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Virginia Cavaliers Spread, ATS Prediction & How To Watch
Matchup: Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Virginia Cavaliers
Date: Saturday, Sept 12th, 2015
Start Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Stadium: Scott Stadium
Spread: Notre Dame -11.5
Game Total: 47
TV Info: ABC
Stream: Watch ESPN
Radio: Notre Dame Vs Virginia
Why Bet On Notre Dame(-11.5) To Beat Virginia
Notre Dame was supposed to have a tough game versus Texas in Week 1. Texas played very well towards the end of last season. Supposedly, Charlie Strong’s team was going to give the Irish a tough game. Yeah…that’s not what happened.
Notre Dame didn’t miss a beat from their successful 2014-2015 College Football Season. The Irish managed to blow-up the Texas defense. The Longhorns’ D was supposed to be very good this season. Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire threw for 313 yards and 3 touchdowns. He dominated Texas’ defense. Notre Dame scored 38 points.
What was more impressive than Notre Dame’s offense in the Week 1 victory was Notre Dame’s defense. The D held Texas to 3 points and 163 total yards. Last year, Notre Dame’s D suffered after Joe Smith, their best defensive player, went down with an injury. Luckily for Notre Dame, Joe Smith appeared fully healed against Texas.
If Notre Dame’s defense plays as well in Week 2 versus Virginia as it did versus Texas, Virginia will have no shot in this game.
Why Bet On Virginia To Beat Notre Dame (-11.5)
As an 18 point dog in Week 1, Virginia really didn’t underperform. The Cavaliers got blown out 34 to 16 by UCLA, but they played well enough to push with the Bruins. What Virginia didn’t do well versus UCLA is something that they have to do well versus the Irish in order to have any shot at keeping this close, that’s run the football.
— SB Nation (@SBNation) September 6, 2015
Virginia averaged only 2.9 yards per rush against the Bruins in the Week 1 loss. If the Cavaliers don’t raise that average against the Irish to at least 3.5, they’re not going to have any shot at winning this game. Virginia should have a chance to do that versus Notre Dame because the Cavaliers do have a lot of experience along the offensive line. Plus, the Irish will be without RB Tarean Folston who is out for the season.
But, there’s a problem with that thinking when it comes to the Irish. Notre Dame doesn’t have to run the football in order to win since QB Malik Zaire is such a good passer. Even though the Irish will be without Folston, they have plenty of running backs to take the pressure off of Zaire in the passing game. Virginia won’t be able to keep up with Notre Dame. I am picking the Fighting Irish to win. Bet Notre Dame to cover the 12.5-point spread. 69% of the betting public agrees with my pick. My final score prediction is Notre Dame 38, Virginia 10.