The 10-2 Clemson Tigers will face the 12-1 Ohio State Buckeyes in Miami, this Friday January 3rd.
The Buckeyes are saying all the right things after the disappointment of not reaching the BCS national Championship game but can they keep their focus on winning this game?
"Obviously, we’re not going to where we thought we were going or where we wanted to be going, but we’re playing in the Orange Bowl and that’s a big-time bowl game," Ohio State offensive lineman Jack Mewhort said. "When you start going back to the coulda, woulda, shouldas, that’s poisonous for a team. It’s our job as leaders to look ahead and make sure everybody is doing their business."
Orange Bowl Clemson vs Ohio State Betting Trends
Top Trends For This Matchup:
- Clemson this season: 10-2 SU, 6-6 ATS
- Clemson is 18-3 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Clemson’s last 6 games
- When playing in January the Tigers are 1-5 SU
- When playing on grass the Tigers are 8-2 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Tigers are 2-8 SU
- The Tigers are 17-18 in bowl games (.486 W-L%); they have lost five of the last seven bowl appearances.
- Ohio State this season: 12-1 SU, 7-6 ATS
- Ohio State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Ohio State is 24-1 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ohio State’s last 8 games
- Ohio State is 155-113 ATS in all games since 1992.
- Ohio State is 129-94 ATS as a favorite since 1992.
- Ohio State is 115-80 ATS) in games played on a grass field since 1992.
- Ohio State is 77-53 ATS) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1992.
- When playing in January the Buckeyes are 5-5 SU
- When playing on grass the Buckeyes are 6-4 SU
- When favored at home the Buckeyes are 10-0 SU
- The Buckeyes are 20-23 in bowl games (.465 W-L%); they have lost four of the last six, including last season’s Gator Bowl.
- Both teams average over 40 points per game and allow exactly 21 against as an average.
Last 10 Orange Bowl Results:
- January 1, 2004 | Miami (FL) 16-14 Florida State
- January 4, 2005 | USC 55-19 Oklahoma
- January 3, 2006 | Penn State 26-23 Florida State
- January 2, 2007 | Louisville 24-13 Wake Forest
- January 3, 2008 | Kansas 24-21 Virginia Tech
- January 1, 2009 | Virginia Tech 20-7 Cincinnati
- January 5, 2010 | Iowa 24-14 Georgia Tech
- January 3, 2011 | Stanford 40-12 Virginia Tech
- January 4, 2012 | West Virginia 70-33 Clemson
- January 1, 2013 | Florida State 31-10 Northern Illinois