The 9-3 Miami Hurricanes will face the 11-1 Louisville Cardinals this Saturday in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, Florida. This is a statement game for both teams as Louisville is leaving the AAC to replace Maryland in the ACC’s Atlantic Division. Miami is in the Coastal Division but will play the Cardinals next season. This is more than just a bowl game, the outcome will clearly affect next season.
Russell Athletic Bowl Betting Trends – Miami (FL) vs 18 Louisville
Top Betting Trends For This Matchup:
- Miami this season: 9-3 SU, 5-7 ATS
- Miami is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games
- Miami is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games
- When playing in December the Hurricanes are 5-5 SU
- When playing on grass the Hurricanes are 7-3 SU
- After being outgained by the previous opponent the Hurricanes are 4-6 SU
- When an underdog on the road the Hurricanes are 4-6 SU
- Miami is 18-15 in bowl games (.545 W-L%); they have lost their last three bowl appearances, but they haven’t been just in one since 2010.
- Louisville: 11-1 SU, 5-7 ATS
- Louisville is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Louisville is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Louisville’s last 5 games
- Louisville is 14-3 ATS against ACC opponents since 1992.
- When playing in December the Cardinals are 6-4 SU
- When playing on grass the Cardinals are 8-2 SU
- After outgaining the previous opponent the Cardinals are 9-1 SU
- When favored at home the Cardinals are 8-2 SU
- Louisville is 7-8-1 in bowl games (.469 W-L%); they have won three of the last four.
- The Cardinals have the third best defense in College Football in points scored, allowing just 12.4 PPG. The Hurricanes defense allows 26.0 PPG, ranked 59 th .
- Louisville won 1 game and Miami (FL) won 7 games in the series.
- Most points scored by Louisville in the series: 38 (Oct 14, 2004)
- Most points scored by Miami (FL): 45 (Oct 26, 1985)
- Largest margin of victory by Louisville in the series: +24 (Sep 16, 2006)
- Largest margin of victory by Miami (FL): +38 (Oct 26, 1985)
Last 10 Athletic Bowl Results:
- December 22, 2003 | NC State 56-26 Kansas
- December 21, 2004 | Georgia Tech 51-14 Syracuse
- December 27, 2005 | Clemson 19-10 Colorado
- December 29, 2006 | Maryland 24-7 Purdue
- December 28, 2007 | Boston College 24-21 Michigan State
- December 27, 2008 | Florida State 42-13 Wisconsin
- December 29, 2009 | Wisconsin 20-14 Miami
- December 28, 2010 | NC State 23-7 West Virginia
- December 29, 2011 | Florida State 18-14 Notre Dame
- December 28, 2012 | Virginia Tech 13-10 Rutgers (OT)