SEC Championship College Football Betting Trends – Auburn (11-1) vs. Missouri (11-1)Rachel Garcia
Nobody expected Auburn to be in the SEC championship game, but after a thriller win over Alabama they definitely deserve their shot. Their opponent, the Missouri Tigers, have been just as consistent losing players to injuries and yet maintaining a winning pace throughout the year.
Talk about an SEC surprise.
Flashback to 2012, the Auburn Tigers won all of three games and fired their coach and the Missouri Tigers looked very much like a school that had no business joining the mighty Southeastern Conference.
Well, look at the matchup for Saturday’s championship game.
"We’re a team of destiny," Auburn Chris Davis, the returner who scored the last touchdown against Alabama said. "We won’t take no for an answer."
"Any time you’re playing for a championship, there’s no time to relax," Auburn Gus Malzahn added Sunday. "We felt like we needed to get a head start on them. They’re a very good football team.
SEC Championship College Football Betting Trends – Auburn (11-1) vs. Missouri (11-1)
- This could be the first time in eight years; the winner of the SEC Championship game isn’t guaranteed a spot in the BCS National Championship game.
- The only game Missouri and Auburn played was back on December 29th 1973 with a 34-17 for Missouri. The game featured a Sun Bowl matchup played at El Paso Texas.
- Missouri QB James Franklin has completed 157 passes of 262 for 1718 yards, 13 TDs and 7 INTs when playing against SEC rivals.
- Missouri this season 11-1 SU, 11-1 ATS
- Missouri has covered the spread in the last four games they have played in.
- Missouri has won 4 straight games.
- Missouri is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Missouri’s last 5 games
- Auburn this season: 11-1 SU, 10-2 ATS
- Auburn rushed for 296 yards Saturday against Alabama, the most by any team over Bama since Nov. 19, 2011
- Auburn Junior QB Nick Marshall has completed 98 of 164 passes for 9 TD and 5 INTs against SEC rivals, while posting a 142.0 passer rating.
- Auburn has won 8 straight games.
- Auburn has covered the spread in the last 9 games in a row; six as favorites and three as underdogs,
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Auburn’s last 7 games
Definitely keep an eye on this game, these two teams will be meeting for only the second time in history, the first being Missouri’s 34-17 victory in the 1973 Sun Bowl.