The second week of the 2015 college football betting season will have an earlier start this Saturday. The 11th-ranked Florida State Seminoles are 28.5-point favorites when they host the South Florida Bulls. The game kicks off on ESPN at 11:30 AM ET. Cord-cutters can stream the game via Watch ESPN.
Analyzing The South Florida Bulls at Florida State Seminoles Online Betting Line, My Free Pick & How To Watch
Matchup: South Florida Bulls at Florida State Seminoles
Date: Saturday, Sept 12th, 2015
Start Time: 11:30 p.m. ET
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Stadium: Doak Campbell Stadium
Spread: Florida State -28.5
Game Total: 54
TV Info: ESPN
Stream: Watch ESPN
Radio: South Florida Vs Florida State
Why Bet On South Florida To Beat Florida State (-28.5)
A new defensive formation makes the defense tough.
New defensive coordinator Tom Allen, who used to be the linebacker coach at Ole Miss, has instituted a 4-2-5 defensive formation. The Bulls’ defense was brilliant versus Florida A&M South Florida’s first game of the season. The D held Florida A&M to only .4 yards per rush.
Florida A&M garnered only 182 total yards against the South Florida defense. The Bulls won 51 to 3. It’s absolutely a different story facing Florida State in Week 2. Florida State’s Everett Golson looked terrific when running the Seminoles’ offense.
— USF Football (@USFFootball) August 18, 2015
Allen, though, knows how to move his players around. He’ll need Jamie Byrd to have a big game on Saturday. The senior defensive back leads the defense while linebackers Nigel Harris, the most talented player on the D, and Tayshon Whitehurst, sit out the second of a 2 game suspension. Byrd will have to be the shutdown corner that South Florida needs him to be or Florida State is going to roll.
Betting Trends Relavent To This Matchup:
- South Florida Bulls 6-5 All Games since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 4-10 All Games since last season
- South Florida Bulls 3-2 On Road since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 2-5 At Home since last season
- South Florida Bulls 4-4 As Underdog or PK since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 4-9 As Favorite since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 1-0 When Line was 51.5 to 55.5 since last season
- South Florida Bulls 3-8 O-U All Games since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 7-7 O-U All Games since last season
- South Florida Bulls 2-3 O-U On Road since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 1-6 O-U At Home since last season
- South Florida Bulls 2-4 O-U When Line is 50 to 60 since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 3-6 O-U When Line is 50 to 60 since last season
- South Florida Bulls 2-1 O-U When Line was 51.5 to 55.5 since last season
- Florida State Seminoles 1-4 O-U When Line was 51.5 to 55.5 since last season
Why Bet On Florida State (-28.5) To Beat South Florida
Everett Golson will make you forget about Jameis.
Quarterback Everett Golson made all sorts of mistakes running Notre Dame’s offense last season. Golson couldn’t protect the football and ended up fumbling and throwing interceptions throughout the season. Golson didn’t display any of those issues in Florida State’s first game of the season, though.
Golson actually looked like the type of QB that was supposed to be a Heisman Trophy candidate last season. He completed over 76% of his passes, threw 4 touchdowns, and passed for 302 yards in the Seminoles’ 59 to 16 victory over Texas State.
Official: Everett Golson has been named the ACC Offensive Back of the Week. pic.twitter.com/aM3pl2gJxK
— FSU Football (@FSU_Football) September 8, 2015
If Golson continues to play this well, Florida State will once again be a contender for the College Football Playoff. Golson faces a tough task taking on South Florida’s defense, but his ability to protect the ball appears to be much improved, and he’s got a ton of weapons at his disposal.
The problem for South Florida is that both Harris and Whitehurst have to sit this game out. Golson is a senior that knows how to play in big time college football games. He almost upset Florida State while at Notre Dame last season when FSU was ranked in the Top 3 in the nation.
It’s difficult to imagine that Golson is going to take a step back versus a South Florida defense that, although very talented, is missing their 2 best linebackers. Florida State should win this game by a wide margin, but will not cover the 28.5-point betting spread. Shockingly, 68% of the betting public disagrees with my pick. Bet South Florida plus the points. My final score prediction is Florida State 45, South Florida 22