Baltimore Ravens vs Detroit Lions Monday Night Football Betting TrendsRachel Garcia
The Baltimore Ravens and Detroit Lions are both fighting for their playoff berths, but neither team is living up to the hype.
The resurgent Ravens haven’t been able to find their Super Bowl from from last year, especially on the road this season and will try to end those woes Monday night while facing the high scoring Lions who find new ways every week to lose games.
The Ravens will have to defend a motivated Calvin Johnson after Baltimore rookie safety Matt Elam called the All-Pro receiver "old" following some initial compliments.
"He’s pretty old, so I don’t know how physical he’ll be," Matt Elam called said about WR Calvin Johnson. "He’s a big guy, but he’s older. I guess when they get older they’re not going to be as physical, you know what I’m saying? We’re going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable."
QB Joe Flacco tried to take the edge off of the controversy “You just kind of look at him and say ‘Dude, what are you thinking? It’s Calvin Johnson,’” Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said, on a conference call with Detroit reporters.
Baltimore Ravens vs Detroit Lions Monday Night Football Betting Trends
- The Ravens have been abysmal this season away from home with a 1-5 record; their only victory came against Miami.
- QB Joe Flacco is on pace to have his worst season since his rookie year; he has thrown 3238 yards and 18 TDs, but he has also thrown 17 INTs.
- Flacco is 4-3 on Monday Night Football with 7 TDs and 5 INTs.
- Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Baltimore is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road; they have covered against Miami and Chicago.
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
- Baltimore and Detroit are 2-2 ATS since 1995
- The total has gone OVER in 3 of Baltimore’s last 45 games when playing Detroit
- Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- The Lions have lost three of the last four games, and their only win in that pan came against the Rodgers-less Packers on Thanksgiving.
- QB Matthew Stafford is 1-1 on Monday Night Football with 3 TDs and 2 INTs.
- Stafford has never faced the Baltimore Ravens before, but he’s 2-3 against AFC North rivals.
- Detroit’s offense needs to take care of the football; they have 20 giveaways in its past six games.
- Detroit is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit’s last 8 games
- Detroit is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit’s last 7 games at home
- Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Detroit is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Baltimore