Cleveland Vs NY Jets Odds, Expert Pick & TV InfoJosh Bailey
The 3-point favorite New York Jets are hosting the Cleveland Browns in NFL week 1 betting action. The game kicks off at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, Sept 13th, 2015 from MetLife Stadium. The O/U is 40.5 points. The game will be nationally televised on CBS and streamed live on CBSSports.com.
Analyzing The Cleveland Browns Vs New York Jets NFL Week 1 Betting Odds, My Expert Pick & How To Watch
Matchup: Cleveland Browns at New York Jets
Date: Sunday, Sept 13th, 2015
Start Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Spread: Jets -3
Game Total: 40.5
TV Info: CBS
Stream: CBS Sports
Radio: Cleveland vs New York
Why Bet On Cleveland To Beat NYJ (-3)
Is 2015 The Year Of Johnny Football?
Most football fans don’t believe that QB Josh McCown, whom the Browns gave a monster contract to during the off-season, will have any success in Cleveland. This is because McCown was horrendous when playing at Tampa Bay in 2014. But, McCown played behind one of the worst offensive lines in all of football.
Cleveland’s offensive line isn’t that bad. McCown’s stats during the pre-season bear that out. Versus Washington, McCown completed 5 of 5 passes for 33 yards and a touchdown. Versus his former team, the Buccaneers, McCown went 17 of 23 for 117 yards and 2 TDs. He did have a bad game in Cleveland’s second pre-season battle versus Buffalo when throwing 2 picks, but that might have been expected. It was early during the pre-season.
McCown is the starter in Cleveland. An emphasis has to be placed on the word is because that allows McCown to settle into a rhythm. He doesn’t have to worry about looking over his shoulder and expecting Johnny Manziel to steal his job. McCown could flourish under those circumstances.
Relavent Betting Trends:
- Cleveland Browns 9-7 All Games since last season
- New York Jets 7-8-1 All Games since last season
- Cleveland Browns 5-3 On Road since last season
- New York Jets 3-4-1 At Home since last season
- Cleveland Browns 7-3 As Underdog or PK since last season
- New York Jets 1-2-1 As Favorite since last season
- Cleveland Browns 3-2 When Line was 38.5 to 41.5 since last season
- New York Jets 1-2 When Line was 38.5 to 41.5 since last season
- Cleveland Browns 5-11 O-U All Games since last season
- New York Jets 5-10-1 O-U All Games since last season
- Cleveland Browns 3-5 O-U On Road since last season
- New York Jets 1-6-1 O-U At Home since last season
- Cleveland Browns 3-8 O-U When Line is <45 since last season
- New York Jets 4-7 O-U When Line is <45 since last season
- Cleveland Browns 2-4 O-U When Line was 38.5 to 41.5 since last season
- New York Jets 3-1 O-U When Line was 38.5 to 41.5 since last season
Why Bet On NYJ (-3) To Beat Cleveland
Fitzpatrick is better than Geno.
The punch that reverberated throughout New Jersey and caused waves on the Jersey Shore so far hasn’t hurt the New York Jets based on their NFL Pre-season performance. The Jets lost QB Geno Smith due to a punch to the jaw from one of their former linebackers. That’s not cool.
But it might have been a blessing in disguise. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is a veteran who has the smarts to at least help NYJ put up points. Sure, he’ll probably commit the inevitable Fitz Swoon, but that occurs around Game 6 during the regular season. For some reason, Fitz forgets that he graduated from Harvard University around Game 6.
Fitzpatrick and the Jets play Cleveland in Game 1 of the regular season. As long as he remembers that he might be able to put some points up versus Cleveland’s defense. He plays behind a very good offensive line. Led by Brandon Marshall, the wide receivers are the best that the Jets have seen in a long time. Plus, the Jets’ defense is solid.
As crazy as it sounds, NYJ, even with all of their off-season issues, could have a good offense and a great defense to start the season. Because of that, they’re the pick in this matchup.
NYJ is in good hands with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB at least for the next few weeks. Close to 60% of the public is betting on the Jets. I too am picking NYJ to beat Cleveland rather handily in this game. My final score prediction is New York Jets 24, Cleveland 10.