Monday Night Football Betting Stats – Colts Vs. ChargersRachel Garcia
“Obviously, Monday Night Football has a ring to it, a feel about it. I remember as a kid, always wanting to stay up to watch the second half and being told I had to go to bed”, Colts QB Andrew Luck said about what will be his debut on Monday Prime Time.
Here is a NFL Game fact that you might now know.
Luck is the other Colts QB (Peyton Manning is the first) to lead the team to sole possession of first place since his former Stanford mentor and current San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh had 4-0 Indianapolis atop the AFC East for the week of Oct. 13, 1996.
Here are some other facts, stats and betting trends you need to know about NFL week 6’s Monday Night football matchup between the Colts and the Chargers:
- The NFL betting odds have the Colts as 1 point favorites. This is Indianapolis third game on the road this season; they covered the previous two games with wins over Jacksonville and San Francisco.
- The Chargers have been listed as underdogs in their three home games this season (including this one) they covered the spread against Dallas and Houston.
- San Diego has won five of the last six meetings and leads the series 17-10, including two dramatic postseason wins in the Peyton Manning Era.
- This game features the 3rd best passing offense in the NFL with San Diego averaging 311.2 passing yards per game, against the 4th best passing defense with the Colts allowing 201.3 per week.
- This will be Andrew Luck first Monday Night matchup. Phillip Rivers will play his 13th; he has a 7-5 record with 23 TDs and 10 INTs.
- Luck, along with Peyton Manning the only QBs with 2 interceptions or less this season with over 150 pass attempts.
- Luck is 2-0 against AFC West teams (Chiefs and Raiders) with 3 TDs and 0 INT in the process; the 97.1 passer rating vs. the AFC West in the highest from all the divisions he has faced.
- Phillip Rivers is one of the three QBs that entered week 6 with over 70% pass completions.
- October is the only month in River’s career where he has a losing record; he’s 12-17 with 46 TDs and 22 INT, including a loss against the Raiders already this season.
- With 400 yards against the Colts, Phillip Rivers will become the first QB to throw that many yards in three consecutive games.
- The Colts are 7-0-1 ATS since Sep 21, 2009 as a road favorite after a win at home, but also after upsetting Seattle last week, the trends say teams are 1-12 ATS since Dec 30, 2012 on the road after a win as a home dog.
- Since week 5, Teams are 7-0 ATS as a dog after a loss on the road. The Chargers lost at Oakland last week.
- If you look to bet the total set at 49.5 points, it has gone UNDER in 6 of San Diego’s last 9 games when playing at home against Indianapolis.