Monday Night Football Betting Trends – Patriots at PanthersRachel Garcia
The New England Patriots are getting healthy and just in time. The AFC East leaders come out of their bye week the healthiest they have been all year long. Gronk is back, Danny Amendola will start again and RB Shane Vereen has had 2 full weeks of practice after breaking his wrist in week 1.
The Patriots will go on the road to face a Carolina Panthers team that has won five straight and flexed its defensive muscles by allowing the NFC’s fewest points.
"They’re one of the best defenses in the league," Brady said. "We have to play really well. I think our execution has to be at its best."
Monday Night Football Betting Trends & Stats:
- Panthers QB Cam Newton has as many TD passes as Tom Brady entering week 11 (13) and two fewer interceptions (6 vs. 8). His passer rating also is better with 88.3 vs. Tom’s 82.7.
- Tom Brady is the only of the ‘four elite’ quarterbacks in the league Cam Newton hasn’t faced yet in his short career. He lost once against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, and once against Peyton Manning and the Broncos, plus he’s 2-2 against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.
- Cam Newton has faced an AFC East opponent just once; it was this season against the Buffalo Bills as he threw for 229 yards 2 TDs and 1 INTs but the game ended in a loss for the Panthers.
- Newton is 1-0 on Monday Night matchups; he beat the Eagles 30-22 last season throwing 306 yards, 2 TDs without interceptions for 125.0 passer rating.
- Tom Brady has struggled in games this season; in two he didn’t throw a single TD pass and in three he managed just one passing TD. He’s about to face one of the best defenses in the NFL; the Panthers are the second total defense in the NFL entering week 11 and the fourth against the pass, not to mention they allow only 12.3 points per game (2nd best in the league).
- Brady is 2-1 against the Panthers including a victory in the Super Bowl, but his only visit to Carolina in 2005 ended in a loss for the Patriots. Tom has thrown 3 TDs and 4 INTs while posting a 68.7 passer rating against the Panthers, his worse against any franchise in the NFL.
- However, Brady has been money on Monday Night football; he’s 13-4 all-time with 41 TDs and 14 INTs.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games.
- New England is 17-4 SU in its last 21 games.
- New England is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of New England’s last 16 games on the road.
- New England is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road.
- New England is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Carolina.
- Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games at home.
- Carolina is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home.