NFL Week 7 Betting Stats & TrendsRachel Garcia
Okay NFL betting fans, it’s time to put our eyes on the prize and look ahead to Week 7 and what appears to be a great weekend of football.
This week’s NFL betting stats and trends lead off with the quote ‘There’s no place like home’. Home teams always have a distinct advantage, as long as they keep the game entertaining and close. So today we are going to look at certain stats and trends to take into account when betting on a home team this week.
An in-depth look at some revealing NFL betting statistics and trends.
Home teams are lighting up the scoreboard for NFL betting trends, going 50-39-3 ATS this season, which equals to 56.18% win percentage.
If you’re hedging on which team to take…then you should know that when betting on the favorites you will make money 52.18% percent of the time (47-42-3 ATS). Home favorites do better by making you a winner 57.14% percent of the time (32-24-3 ATS).
Another good way to keep making winning bets is to back the home underdogs more often than not. You see, home dogs are winning 54.55 % percent of the time (18-15 ATS), making home teams the way to go in the early going this season, even if a 3 game edge doesn’t look like a big difference.
If you like to bet on straight up NFL winners, then you should know that there’s still no place like home with home teams really doing the job against the Money Line this season by winning 61.96% of the time (57-35).
Rock Solid 70s – No, this category isn’t for all of you disco junkies out there. This category is reserved for all of the teams that are being backed by at least 70% percent of the bets. That’s right, 70% or more of the action coming in on games featuring these teams have the money come in on them.
- New England 75%
- San Francisco 72%
- Kansas City 72%
- Chicago 70%
Hot and Not – Here are the hottest and coldest teams in the league over their last five games heading into Week 7.
- Kansas City 4-1 – The Chiefs are the hottest team in the league, having covered the spread in four straight games.
- Dallas 4-1 – The Boys have covered the spread in two straight.
Not – These teams have all failed to cover the spread at least four times in their L/5 games.
- Pittsburgh 1-4 – The Steelers snapped a season-long ATS skid the last time out.
- Atlanta 1-4 – Three straight ATS losses have the Falcons betting backers ticked off!
- Washington 1-4 – The Skins found their way back in the ATS loss column in Week 6 after getting their first ATS cover just one game prior.
- Chicago 1-4 – The bears have failed to cover the spread in three straight games.
- Jacksonville 1-4 – The Jaguars covered the spread the last time out – as a whopping 28-point underdog. Whoopee!
- NY Giants 1-4 – The G-Men covered the spread in their Week 6 loss to Chicago to snap a five-game ATS skid.
- Tampa Bay 1-4 – The reeling Buccaneers have gone 0-3 ATS over their L/3 games.
- Houston – The Texans are the only team in the league to go 0-5 ATS over their last five games.
Now, if you like to bet the Over/Under Total a lot, then you should know that the Over is 46-43 this season (51.69%) in all non-overtime games with the season’s only three OT games all playing Over the Total.
The Dog Pound – Where Underdogs Rule and favorites Drool!
If you like to bet the Underdog more often than not in the hopes of even bigger paydays, then you’ll love these eye-opening Week 7 trends.
- Arizona is 6-1 ATS in their L/7 home games against Seattle.
- Rams are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 road games.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have compiled a blistering 10-4-1 ATS mark in their L/15 games.
- The Browns are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games following an ATS loss.
- Cleveland is 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 games following an SU loss.
- Baltimore is 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against AFC opponents.
- Indianapolis is 7-2 ATS in their L/9 home games.
- Chicago is 11-5-1 ATS in their L/17 road games against a team with a losing home record.
- The Colts are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games following an SU loss.
- Indianapolis is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 home games.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings in Atlanta.
- The Buccaneers are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 meetings.
Now that you’re well-armed with the best NFL betting stats and trends, it’s time to hit the sportsbook. Happy hunting!