The Washington Redskins will try to carry the BIG MO from a dramatic OT victory combined with facing one of the league’s worst teams will finally afford the team back to back wins. Considering we are stepping into week 10 it is safe to say that this season is a bust.
The visiting Redskins are looking for some consistency, particularly from Robert Griffin III, as they try to hand the Minnesota Vikings a fifth straight defeat Thursday night.
These two teams are confusing NFL oddsmakers and bettors alike, so before you place your bets review these NFL betting trends:
- The Minnesota Vikings are 1-7 for the first time since 1961.
- Christian Ponder threw a 31-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter of the Vikings’ loss against the Cowboys on Sunday. Ponder hadn’t thrown a 20+ yards touchdowns since December 4, 2011. He had 601 passes without a 20+ yards TD; the longest streak in NFL history.
- TE Kyle Rudolph caught one of Ponder’s two TD passes on Sunday; he won’t play because of a broken foot.
- QB Christian Ponders leads all NFL quarterback with 4 rushing TDs, tie with Cam Newton.
- Ponder is 1-1 against the Washington Redskins with 2 TDs and 2 INTs; he’s 1-2 against NFC East rivals with 3 TDs and 3 interceptions.
- The Vikings have lost their two games against NFC East rivals this season; they will host the Redskins this week and the Eagles on December 15th.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has played the Redskins four times on his career with a 45 rushing yards per game average against Washington; that’s his worst against a franchise he has faced at least twice.
- The Redskins are 2-1 against NFC North divisional teams this season; their losses came against the Packers and the Lions, and their only win was against the Chicago Bears.
- Nine is the number for RGIII. The second year QB has 2,169 yards, 9 TDs, 9 interceptions and 9 fumbles after nine weeks played.
- Redskins RB Alfred Morris leads all running backs in the NFL with 5.2 yards per carry. Peterson is ninth with 4.6.
- This is only the second game in the season where the Redskins are favorites away from home; they covered against the Raiders in Oakland as 3.5 point favorites.
- This is the third game where the Vikings are home dogs this season; they are 1-1 ATS but the time they covered the game was at London against Pittsburgh.
- Washington is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- Washington is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games on the road
- Washington is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games when playing Minnesota
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- Minnesota is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 8 games
- Minnesota is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 5 games at home
- Minnesota is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
- Minnesota is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games when playing Washington
- Minnesota is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Washington
- Minnesota is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing at home against Washington