It’s fair to say that the Colts letting Peyton Manning leave before the beginning of last season was a bonehead move of epic proportions. Up there with the likes of the San Diego Chargers letting Drew Brees walk after the 2005 season.
With all of the talk of Peyton and the Broncos torrid offense, Colts Owner Jim Irsay tried to diminish the former hall of famer’s accomplishments in Indianapolis: "You make the playoffs 11 times, and you’re out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the ‘Star Wars’ numbers from Peyton and Marvin [Harrison] and Reggie [Wayne]. Mostly, you love this [ring]."
With the 3rd lowest postseason playoff win percentage (minimum 10 starts); Peyton Manning does have his critics. Winning during the regular season can’t replace Super Bowl rings, just ask Dan Marino.
With the Broncos visiting Indy this Sunday night review the two teams previous stats and trends before making your bets.
Sunday Night Football Betting Stats & Trends – Broncos Vs. Colts
- Peyton Manning is 82-32 playing in Indianapolis; all of those of course as a Colts QB.
- The Denver Broncos have scored 265 points; that number is the most by a team through the first six games of a season in NFL history. They took the throne from the 2000 St. Louis Rams who scored 262 points.
- Denver quarterback Peyton Manning has 22 touchdown passes in the first six weeks of this season; that’s the most through the first six games in NFL history.
- Broncos WR Wes Welker has a touchdown catch in each of the Broncos’ six games; he’s the first player in NFL history to have a TD reception in each of his first six games for a team. He also leads the league with eight touchdown catches.
- Denver has won 17 consecutive regular-season games, tied with the 1933-34 Chicago Bears for the fourth-longest streak in NFL history.
- Peyton Manning’s .864 Win percentages since he joined the Broncos is highest among starting QBs who played for another team after winning a Super Bowl
- The Colts lost to the Chargers on Monday. Andrew Luck has never lost back-to-back games; he’s 6-0 the next game after a loss.
- Indianapolis wide receiver Reggie Wayne (1,001) caught five passes for 88 yards in the 19-9 loss at San Diego. He became the ninth player in NFL history with 1,000 career catches.
- The Colts became the first team in NFL history to have two players with 1,000 receptions each with the franchise. The other one is Marvin Harrison who has 1,102 catches, most of them thrown by Peyton Manning.
- The Colts are 9-2 at him with Chuck Pagano as their head coach.
- Andrew Luck is 15-7 in his first 22 career games. Peyton Manning was 7-15 in his first 22 career games.
- In his 22 career starts, Andrew Luck has more game-winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime (9) than Peyton Manning did (7) through his first 22 starts.
- The Broncos leads the series against Colts 11-10 but are currently on a five game losing streak. Ironically, Peyton Manning is on a five game winning streak in the series.