Sunday Night Football Betting TrendsRachel Garcia
The Houston Texans (2-5) topped Indianapolis Colts (5-2) last year by one game for the AFC South title which setup what would of been a tight race for the top spot, but it has been anything but.
The Colts are running away with the division title where as the Texans are wondering what happened. With their offense and defense both in their primes this was supposed to be their season.
“Thank God we at least have one game on him with Kansas City,” Colts defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said. “We went back into the preseason, watched some of the reps that he took there, compiled those and from the players’ and from the coaches’ standpoint, we watched all those. It’s just trying to get a repertoire of what the guy likes and what throws he has.”
Sunday Night Football Betting Trends:
- The Colts are the only team above .500 in the AFC South entering week 9.
- Colts QB Andrew Luck is 1-1 against the Texans since he entered the league last season; he has thrown 4 TDs and 0 INTs but has completed less than 50% of his passes.
- This will be the first time since 2002 where you don’t get to see number 87 playing the Colts. Reggie Wayne had 183 consecutive games starting for Indianapolis before he got injured two weeks ago against the Broncos.
- If the Texans lose on Sunday, it will be the first time since 2005 where they have lost six games in a row.
- Texans RB Arian Fosters has recorded 752 yards and six TDs in five meetings against the Colts; he averages 6.6 yards per carries in those matchups, but is questionable for Sunday.
- Texans QB Case Keenum played for the Houston Cougars five years and broke all the school record with 19217 passing yards, 155 TDs and 46 INTs.
- Keenum played his first NFL game two weeks ago in the 16-17 loss against the Kansas City Chiefs, where he threw 271 yards, 1 TD, without interceptions.
- This game features the second time in the season where the Texans are home dogs. They weren’t home underdogs in the entire 2012 season.
- Despite both teams usually know how to score lots of points; the last five meetings in the series have gone UNDER the total.