The red hot Cincinnati Bengals travel to Miami to take on the Dolphins on a short week for Thursday Night Football.
“Number one, we’re going back to the fundamentals that we believe in strongly. Number two, we’re analyzing everything we’re doing to see if we can put our players in a better position to be successful. And three, we’re relying on the strength and the character of the guys we have in the locker room to work through this”, said Dolphins coach Joe Philbin to the Miami Herald .
With such a cliché statement, Philbin seems confounded on how to take on the ever improving Andy Dalton and his Bengals. But I am here to provide you with all the information you will need to make your bets.
Thursday Night Fooball Betting Stats & Trends:
- The Bengals enter Thursday night with four wins in a row, three of those against opponents from the AFC East division.
- The Dolphins are currently in a four game losing skid, but they are 1-1 vs. the AFC north this season, with a win at Cleveland and a home loss against Baltimore.
- Andy Dalton is currently red-hot; he has thrown for over 300 yards on his last three games, but also has recorded 11 TDs and just 2 interceptions; including 5 TDs passes against the NY Jets on Sunday.
- Dalton became the first QB since 1988 to throw 5 over the NY Jets; the last one to do so was Dan Marino.
- Andy Dalton is 4-1 against AFC opponents, but that only loss came against the Dolphins last season where he completed 26 of 43 passes, threw one TD and was picked off twice.
- Dalton is 1-0 on TNF as he beat the Eagles 34-13 last season, throwing 1 TD without an interception.
- Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill averages over one interception per game in the 7 games he has started this season; he has thrown four picks in the last two games.
- Tannehill is the most sacked QB in the NFL with 32, four more than the next, Geno Smith from the Jets. Ryan was sacked six times by the Patriots on Sunday.
- Tannehill is 0-1 on TNF with the loss coming against the Bills on a 19-14 result last season. He threw 1 TD and 2 INTs that night.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Cincinnati is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing Miami
- Cincinnati is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Miami
- Miami is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Miami is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami’s last 6 games
- Miami is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing Cincinnati