Who Do You Want To See Play For Super Bowl 50?Noah Williams
It’s never too early to look towards the Super Bowl. There are definitely some clear odds on favorites to hoist the Vince Lombardy Trophy heading into the season. But I am here to run down the Super Bowl 50 matchups that everyone wants to see.
Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Matchups We Want To See
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs Seattle Seahawks, +4850 – Big Ben versus Russell. Le’Veon Bell versus Beast Mode. Two great defenses battling two great offenses for the Lombardi Trophy. This would be the match to make Super Bowl 50 one of the best ever. The Steel Curtain on one side and the Legion of Boom on the other!
- New England Patriots vs Green Bay Packers, +2200 – Two of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game, Brady for the Pats and Rogers for the Packers, would make this one of the most calculating Super Bowls in history. Each quarterback would have the decision to change the play versus the opposing defense. Plus, who doesn’t want to see Belichick’s defensive mastery versus McCarthy’s offensive wizardry?
- New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks, +1775 – A repeat of last year’s event no doubt would garner intense interest from football fans. Was the Pats’ win last year legitimate? This Super Bowl would answer that question. Expect a few more eyes on the football, though.
- Indianapolis Colts vs Green Bay Packers, +2395 – The current master at QB, Aaron Rodgers, would take on the up and coming Jedi Knight in Andrew Luck for Indy. Who would have the Force ? No doubt, Green Bay would be favored, but that Indy defense has made great strides. What a great matchup this would be!
- Indianapolis Colts vs Dallas Cowboys, +4600 – Luck and Tony Romo play similar styles at quarterback. This Super Bowl could be a repeat of the Staubach versus Unitas tilt from Super Bowl 5 where the Colts won 16 to 13.
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs Dallas Cowboys, +11400 – If this were to happen, it would be the fourth time that the Pittsburgh Steelers have faced the Dallas Cowboys in a Super Bowl. The Steelers are 2 and 1 in the first 3 matchups. Steelers versus ‘Boys could be the classic rivalry to punctuate the Super Bowl’s fiftieth.
- Denver Broncos vs Green Bay Packers, +2875 – This (hopefully!) would be one of those huge matchups between two of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. If Peyton could beat Aaron Rodgers, he might possibly solidify himself as the greatest quarterback of all time since Rodgers is the current ‘ greatest of all time’.
- New England Patriots vs New York Giants, +10800 – Even though both teams have moved on, don’t kid yourself. The Patriots would love to get back at the Giants for ruining their perfect season in 2008 and beating them again in 2012.
- Denver Broncos vs New Orleans Saints, +1400 – Nobody can claim that he or she wouldn’t be interested in seeing Peyton battling his hometown team again. Brees versus Manning would make for an excellent show in Super Bowl 50. The story lines would be compelling.
- Baltimore Ravens vs Seattle Seahawks, +4250 – Like Pitt versus the ‘Hawks, an Edgar Allan Poes versus Paul Allens matchup would be a battle among two great defensive squads and two terrific offenses. We’d love to see how Harbaugh and the Ravens’ defense would take on Jimmy Graham. This is especially true after the Ravens have had their fair share of battling Gronk and the Patriots.