The 11-5 Kansas City Chiefs visit the 11-5 Indianapolis Colts in the first Wild Card game of the 2013-14 Super Bowl season.
This is the second meeting for the two teams this season since the Chiefs 28-24 victory over the Colts on Oct. 9, 2011 which also took place in Indianapolis.
NFL Wildcard Weekend Betting Trends – Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
Top Trends For This Matchup:
- Kansas City this season: 11-5 SU, 9-7 ATS
- Kansas City is 1-9 ATS in playoff games since 1992.
- Kansas City Playoff Record (all-time): 8-14 (Last appearance after 2010 season)
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 6 games. The Chiefs scored 101 points in a stretch of two weeks between week 14 and 15.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games on the road
- Kansas City is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Chiefs QB Alex Smith has never played a wild card game on his career. He’s 1-1 in the playoffs with 5 TDs and 0 INTs.
- Smith has never beaten the Colts on his career. He’s 0-3 against them all-time with 1 TD and 6 INTs.
- Kansas City is 7-1 ATS in road games this season.
- Kansas City is 7-1 ATS in road lined games this season.
- Kansas City best matchup will be sticking to the run. The Chiefs are the 10th best running team in the league with a 128.5 rushing yards per game, meanwhile the Colts are 22nd defending the run, allowing 120.5 yards every weekend.
- Kansas City is 6-0 ATS in road games when playing with 6 or less days rest this season.
- Indianapolis this season: 11-5 SU, 10-6 ATS
- The Colts Playoff Record (all-time): 19-21 (Last appearance after 2012 season)
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indianapolis’s last 5 games
- Indianapolis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Indianapolis is 12-2 SU in its last 14 games at home. Those two losses came against the Dolphins and the Rams.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Indianapolis’s last 18 games at home
- Colts Andrew Luck is 0-1 in wild card games; he lost against the Ravens in 2012 as he completed 28 of 54 passes, for 288 yards with 0 TDs and 1 INT.
- Indianapolis is 12-4 ATS in home games over the last 2 seasons.
- Indianapolis is 6-0 ATS in a home game where the total is between 45.5 and 49 points over the last 2 seasons.
- Indianapolis is 18-7 ATS when playing with 6 or less days rest over the last 2 seasons.
- Indianapolis is 13-5 ATS in dome games over the last 2 seasons.
- Indianapolis is 12-4 ATS in home games in games played on turf over the last 2 seasons.
Head to Head History:
- The Colts leads the all-tome series 15-8 against the Kansas City Chiefs
- The Colts leads the postseason series 3-0 over the Chiefs with wins in 1995, 2003 and 2006.
- The Colts beat the Kansas City Chiefs 23-16 in week 16 at Arrowhead Stadium. While QB Andrew Luck had a 96.8 passer rating (26/37, 241 yards 1 TD) in that game, QB Alex Smith had a 57.6% rating (16/28, 153 yards, 1 INT).
- Indianapolis controlled the clock in that meeting in week 16 38:20 minutes over 21:40.
- Kansas City had 4 turnovers in that week 16 game; the Colts had none.
- Indianapolis is 2-1 against the spread versus Kansas City over the last 3 seasons
- Indianapolis is 2-1 straight up against Kansas City over the last 3 seasons
- 2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons