UEFA Champions League Betting Trends – Real Madrid at Bayern MunichRachel Garcia
Bayern Munich host Real Madrid on Tuesday in the second leg of their Champions League semifinals tie. Now the German club must win 1-0 or by multiple goals.
If Real Madrid win’s this round, it will be their first visit to the finals in 12 years, while Bayern Munich has been to the last two finals winning one and losing the other.
UEFA Champions League Betting Trends – Real Madrid at Bayern Munich
- Bayern is unbeaten at home against Real Madrid winning eight of the nine encounters; the other one was a draw. Overall, Bayern has won 11 of the 21 games against Real Madrid, while the Spanish have eight victories and there have been two draws.
- Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have met in five Europeans semifinals; the Germans have advanced in four and the Spanish in one.
- Munich has 15 wins, 5 draws and one single lost at home against Spanish teams, which includes a 4-0 win over Barcelona last season in the semifinals. The only Spanish team who left Munich with a win was Deportivo La Coruña in the 2003/04 season.
- In his last 24 games at home in European competitions, Bayern Munich has won 20 of them, but only one of their last three, with a draw against Arsenal, a loss against Manchester City and a win over Manchester United.
- Bayern has played 15 two leg series against Spanish teams, advancing in nine and losing in six.
- This is Real Madrid’s fourth consecutive semifinals in the UEFA Champions League; they were eliminated in the previous three, but they didn’t win game one like this one.
- Madrid has suffered five losses in their last 23 European away games; four of those losses were in Germany.
- Real Madrid has advanced in 43 of the 56 European two leg series when they win their first match.
- Carlo Ancelotti was manager of the first squad to beat Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena in 2007 when he was the coach of AC Milan.